Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FHI Runway or Platform (or Technique)??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PinkPop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FHI Runway or Platform (or Technique)??
    Posted: August 29 2008 at 5:58pm
After doing some research, I have finally decided to go with FHI. However, although I have pretty much ruled out the Technique series, I cannot decide between the Platform or the Runway.

Anyone knows if the Runway lives up to the hype? Is there really a difference in the end results with the Runway compared to the cheaper Platform series??

Edited by PinkPop - August 29 2008 at 5:59pm
alyssa libson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssa libson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 3:59pm
I was looking at FHI straighteners but they are different in the UK i think? they dont seem to be called platform and runway? The ones i was going to buy are just called fhi straighteners but it doesnt say which one? can you tell me if it is any good? thanks x.

Edited by alyssa libson - September 17 2008 at 4:01pm
616x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 616x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 10:05pm
From what I gathered, the Runway is the one you want if you want a more durable flat iron that will last you a longer time than the Platform.  Both will give you good results, but the Runway will give you slightly better results (from what I heard).  The FHI website states that the Runway heats up to 33% faster -- 5 seconds or less -- as well.  It has more ceramic layers, so it's got a better build quality.  And it's Made in Korea  (can't confirm this 100% yet), which is better than being Made in China like some other flat irons, like the CHI.  That maybe part of the reason why it's more expensive.

What I don't get is that no one has done an extensive review of the FHI Heat Runway Flat Iron, despite all the quiet hype it gets from elite hair stylists.  I know it's expensive, but you'd think someone out there who had the money to buy one would want to show it off and write a good review on it.  Or at least a beauty magazine.

I have a Runway on order and it should get to me next week.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to test it for a few more weeks as my hair is still not quite long enough for me to use it.

Edited by 616x - September 24 2008 at 10:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic