Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Charlize Theron Shaves her Head

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 5:17am
She always looked good w/ short hair.  Need better pics here, but I think she is hot regardless of her hair.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 12:18pm

Always? Wink

Edited by Kramer - June 13 2012 at 12:19pm
Who has more fun than people?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Think what you want, Arch, but if I produced Charlize's movies I'd want her looking gorgeous and have gorgeous hair. I wouldn't want her head shaved if it wasn't buzzed in the movies. It has nothing to do with credibility. I believe Charlize with beautiful hair would get more positive attention than Charlize with her head shaved. I'll bet it might even be in her contract.

So you would not put her in the Mad Max remake?  What if the original script called for a character with buzzed hair, and Charlize volunteered to cut her hair for the role?  You wouldn't cast her then?  I don't think gorgeous hair would work in a post-apocalyptic world...
There's a difference between performing in a movie and promoting a movie. And as for hair in a post-apocalyptic world, did you forget about Tina Turner in "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?"

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 3:46pm
Kramer, her hair is not that short in that picture from "Monster"

All those pictures of her should be destroyed; I didn't ever see the movie because she didn't look like herself and I would rather not have that image floating around in my brain.
HAWG
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 2:00am
You didn't answer my question Kramer?  I'd bet money Charlize wanted to cut her hair for the role.  Look at Aeon Flux.  She could just as easily wore a wig for that role, but didn't.  How is her cutting her hair for this movie any different than Robert DeNiro gaining 40 pounds to play an aging boxer for 30 minutes of a movie, or shaving his head to play a mentally disturbed taxi driver?  Actresses like Charlize Theron or Anne Hathaway truly didn't need to cut their hair for the roles they are playing right now, but they obviously WANTED to, for whatever reason. You may or may not like or appreciate the choice, that is every person's right and opinion.  But you should respect their right to interpret the roles the way they see fit.

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 2:43am
This question?

"So you would not put her in the Mad Max remake?  What if the original script called for a character with buzzed hair, and Charlize volunteered to cut her hair for the role?  You wouldn't cast her then?  I don't think gorgeous hair would work in a post-apocalyptic world..."

I don't really care one way or the other. Honestly. Charlize has to work like the rest of us. I may prefer her with hair, but, well, whatever. However, I don't have to respect anything. An assortment of actors -- Charlize included -- are high school dropouts who went on to make millions of dollars by pretending to be other people. It's entertainment. She doesn't care about me. Scroll up. My issue was not that she buzzed her hair, but that she did it after having nice looking hair while promoting a movie. That's it.

Thank goodness for the Internet. Without it, whatever would we do with all of the free time we would have?
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 1:55pm
Y'all really make me miss SNL's Point Counterpoint!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 2:28pm
Yeah, but Kramer is NOT an ignorant slut!  He's actually quite intelligent!  Wink
hes40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hes40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 12:02pm
http://socialitelife.com/photos/hot-celebrity-photos-thursday-june-28-2012/charlize-theron-06282012
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 1:43pm
Thanks hes40; great find. She looks pretty cute even though the picture is blurry. I'm posting the picture here so that people don't have to copy and paste the url.
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by bob&pixieLOVER bob&pixieLOVER wrote:

need some pics without a hat or beenie....   :( think she is going to look GREAT
Sorry, but "great" is not the first word that popped into my head. Instead, "Do your movie and grow it back ASAP" came to mind.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Originally posted by bob&pixieLOVER bob&pixieLOVER wrote:

need some pics without a hat or beenie....   :( think she is going to look GREAT
Sorry, but "great" is not the first word that popped into my head. Instead, "Do your movie and grow it back ASAP" came to mind.

Yeah, I thought that it might look OK on her, but.... No point continuing. Obviously, she got herself a #2 or 3 buzz subsequent to the beanie photos.
Native View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 4:11pm
Long hair fetishists prefer long hair.

SHOCKING NEWS.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 7:09pm
I'm excited about the grow out phase...this is too short for my taste but can't wait for her in a pixie.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2012 at 8:39am
LOL @ Native

Careful Native...you may get reprimanded for picking on the chosen ones...
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Native Native wrote:

Long hair fetishists prefer long hair.SHOCKING NEWS.

I apologize for having a distaste for buzzcuts on women. Charlize is actually one of the few women whom I've raved about with her short hair in years past. (Astronaut's Wife)
    But be aware: Henceforth, people with heart conditions should refrain from reading my posts. I didn't intend to aggravate your angina.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 12:39am
Unforgiving.
JanetCirminiel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetCirminiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 6:41am
Charlize has the advantage of looking good with or without hair of any length.

I just saw her in Prometheus as Vickers and her hair looked great.  For the movie she wore it pulled back in buns or longer sleek ponytails.

I do think she looks best lighter blonde, but she looked stunning in Astronaut's Wife with Johnny Depp. 

I also loved her in The Italian Job.  Her hair was great in that picture as well. 

Maybe shaving her head will catapult her career in some way but she is beautiful enough to pull it off.  It will be fun watching her grow it back or to see if she cheats with instant extensions or wigs.  It's nice to see her back.  She was MIA for awhile - at least in films.

Prometheus Images - Vickers

Astronaut's Wife

Spencer%20&%20Jilian

Edited by JanetCirminiel - July 02 2012 at 6:43am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 11:44am
"Maybe shaving her head will catapult her career in some way. "

I doubt it. Did it ever catapult anyone's career? Demi's career went down hill (not, I think because of the buzz, but it sure didn't help). Natalie and sigourney simply did it for the movies they were in at the time and I don't think it had any effect one way or the other. Maybe the same with Anne H--and probably CT too. In fact, as is normal in Hollywood (given the emphasis on youthful beauty), CTs career is already somewhat in decline--and this cut will not have much effect one way or the other.
Native View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 12:03pm
"CTs career is already somewhat in decline"

Her movies this year have earned more than any year in her career, ever, by a fairly large margin. Last year she had critical acclaim in a couple of small movies, including Young Adult.

She has never really been a movie star in the sense that, say, Tom Cruise and Will Smith are - almost no women in Hollywood that dostuff other than romcoms are. But her roles in big movies has been on an upswing.Which, actually, is the opposite of a decline.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic