Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of beefs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of beefs
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
Okay, here goes.Just remember, these are only my OPINIONS and thoughts. I welcome any comments on them. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right.First: Men with Ponytails...why?I just don't see the point. I can understand guys with longer length hair, that's awesome, and can even understand putting it back once in a while, but guys who sport a low ponytail on a regular basis. I just think it's wrong.Second: Hockey Haircuts....can you say trailor park?Again, I just don't see how this can be flattering on anyone. Long in back , short in front. The worst is when a woman tries it. Disaster.Third: Big Hair...the 80's are over.Okay, on some women, big hair totally suits their personality. Like if it's wavy or curly, I know they can't help it. Or if they're making a statement. But these women who tease their bangs and the rest of their hair just to make it BIG are just wasting their time.Fourth: Girls who constantly push their hair back behind their ear...tourette syndrome?I go to university and it seems every girl is constantly either flipping their hair, or putting it back behind their ear...every 10 seconds. If you have to do it that often, get it cut. It's just annoying, cute when done once or twice. I have to admit, if I were a girl, I'd probably do it too, but just try to keep it to a minimum okay? Also, the whole "hair flip"..where a girl with long hair takes her hand and flips an entire portion to the other side. I know it must be fun , and again I'd probably do it too, but just dont' do it in class ok?Thanks for listening to me vent.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
>Hi, Brandon!I just wanted to say that although I may not agree with everything you said, I certain value and appreciate your opinions. I am just going to respond to two of you beef.First, men with ponytails. I have to agree with you to a certain degree. Men who choose to grow long hair, especially if it is thick, healthy, and shiny definitely get my attention.Sometimes, I think that men just pull their hair back out of habit or routine after it gets to a certain length. However, I also think that for men who are balding in the front of their heads, this is their way of hanging on to the last bit of hair that they may have. It can be very devastating to lose your hair. A long time ago, I had a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic for a high fever and one of the results was a substantial loss of hair. I was lucky to have had thick hair and mostly I just adjusted the outer layers to cover the areas which had broken off. I was also lucky that my hair grew back.Second, the girls constantly putting the hair behind their ears and the flipping hair from one side to the other. I have to tell you that I am in my 20's, so I am familiar with the drill. When I was in school, I used to do a modified version of the thing behind my ears. For me, I realized how much I was doing this after I graduated and broke myself of the habit by just putting my hair up in a bun for a period of time and I realized how often in one day I reached for my hair. Personally, I think it was just nerves. I think this may be true of some of your female classmates. The flipping from one side to the other never attracted me because I did it a few times and got few things like pencil shavings in my hair:)The other thing that I wanted to say about the flipping is that there is also a sexual overtone to this. I think so anyway. I honestly think that it's just a part of attracting guys in a very subtle way, whether the girls are aware of it or not. I have to tell you that when I am around my boyfriend, I have a tendency to play with my hair and he plays with it, too.Bye for now,Jade21> Just remember, these are only my OPINIONS and> thoughts. I welcome any comments on them. Maybe I'm> wrong, maybe I'm right.> First: Men with Ponytails...why?> I just don't see the point. I can understand guys with> longer length hair, that's awesome, and can even> understand putting it back once in a while, but guys> who sport a low ponytail on a regular basis. I just> think it's wrong.> Second: Hockey Haircuts....can you say trailor park?> Again, I just don't see how this can be flattering on> anyone. Long in back , short in front. The worst is> when a woman tries it. Disaster.> Third: Big Hair...the 80's are over.> Okay, on some women, big hair totally suits their> personality. Like if it's wavy or curly, I know they> can't help it. Or if they're making a statement. But> these women who tease their bangs and the rest of> their hair just to make it BIG are just wasting their> time.> Fourth: Girls who constantly push their hair back> behind their ear...tourette syndrome?> I go to university and it seems every girl is> constantly either flipping their hair, or putting it> back behind their ear...every 10 seconds. If you have> to do it that often, get it cut. It's just annoying,> cute when done once or twice. I have to admit, if I> were a girl, I'd probably do it too, but just try to> keep it to a minimum okay? Also, the whole "hair> flip"..where a girl with long hair takes her hand> and flips an entire portion to the other side. I know> it must be fun , and again I'd probably do it too, but> just dont' do it in class ok?> Thanks for listening to me vent.
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
> First: Men with Ponytails...why?> I just don't see the point. I can understand guys with> longer length hair, that's awesome, and can even> understand putting it back once in a while, but guys> who sport a low ponytail on a regular basis. I just> think it's wrong.I see the point! My boyfriend has long hair and he wears it in a ponytail at work so it doesn't get into his face while he's drafting architectural drawings. I did the same thing when I had long hair and was working on a project. Does he wear it long outside of work? Most of the time, but I love it either way. The ponytail is a matter of convenience more than anything else.Now what I don't go for is scrawny ponytails. My boyfriend has beautiful, curly Middle Eastern hair. . .but I know several men who have very thin, broken hair that they manage to work into a ponytail that hangs sadly onto their shoulders. *This* I don't understand!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic