Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vitamin E oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamin E oil
    Posted: April 29 2003 at 11:47am
I wanted to try using an oil treatment, but couldn't get any jojoba oil. Instead I found a bottle of Vitamin E oil, and put that in my hair. Now my hair feels really soft and full.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried Vitamin E oil as well. Also, will I get these results with other oils, such as jojoba, coconut, or monoi oil, or the other oil mixes out there?
Cass03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cass03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 2:20pm
I can tell you that i use vitamin e oil and i massage it into my scalp and i get wonderful results, i also take it as a pill form too
Cass
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 5:20am
PP

I suggest you try different oils in addition to the vit E oil.
You may find you like specific oils for specific purposes.

I use coconut oil as a leave-in, castor oil as a pre-wash deep conditioner, monoi in the summer for a light scenting of the hair and also a variety of essential oils for shine, scalp stimulation, etc.

Only through experimentation will you discover what suits you best. Enjoy the process.

Best wishes

Uzma
Uzi

Jensen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 1:00pm
I like the idea of using castor oil but it seems like it might be too oily. Do you dillute it first before you use it?
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 1:56pm
You can dilute it in a lighter oil, like Almond or Coconut.
That's a better deal if you have fine or medium hair strands.
Uzi

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 5:01am
well i like to use light olive oil as a styling oil (?) at night when my hair is damped and just leave it to air dry. a few drops is enought with out making it feels greasy. my sister who has waist length hair use at night like myself. she likes because it makes her hair soft and less prone to tangling
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic