Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elizaxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elizaxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair change
    Posted: March 20 2003 at 11:22am
Help. My natural hair color is a level 3, I've been coloring it with a light auburn and it it naturaly wavy, and I got grays, I would like to do something bold with the color or high lights but because of the gray showing I color it every 5 to 6 wks can anyone suggest something to get me out of this rut?
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2003 at 12:46pm
I am not a professional so when I hear level 3 I think of permanent color, level 2 being semi-permanent. So I am not sure what your natural color is. It is dyed a light auburn tho and you want a drastic change.

Okay... highlights should be left for a professional to do. A color weave would be pretty, NOT the pull-the-hair-through-the- cap thing. The color weave in time would blend the line of demarcation from past dying your hair and possibly your gray strands will not be so noticible. With lighter hair this is true.

My hair is light enough that my few gray strands become highlights if I use a semi-permanent, even with a permanent dye I have natural highlights coming through.

I purposely highlighted my hair almost a month ago, now I regret that. But I put a semi-permanent over it just today and it looks pretty. I really like Natural Instincts. I should just stop everything and just use it.

Sorry I can't be of more encouragement. But if you decide to do something drastic, there will be the upkeep to consider.

Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic