Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curling brush disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curling brush disaster
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
When I was in Jr High, a friend of mine was came to my home. She had long, one-length hair that reached halfway down her back. I don't think she ever did a damaging thing to it (blow drying, curling, etc.) till she asked me to curl it for her! I had never had long hair, and at that time, i had a collar length layered cut that required heat curling. So I agreed to curl her hair. I heated the curling brush till it was nice and hot and played "salon" for several minutes. Well, as luck would have it, I decided to roll the curling brush up near the roots to maximize the curl, not realizing (remember, I never had long hair before) that the brush would catch. Not only did it catch, the brush was so hot it was frying her hair. I felt miserable. I turned the brush off and tried to free it - it wouldn't budge. It took about an hour to release the brush (she actually had to call home to explain why she was late for dinner.) There was definitely a lot of pain, and some hair damage, but some how, it didn't damage our friendship!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic