Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hair DILEMNA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Normando View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Normando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Hair DILEMNA
    Posted: November 26 2000 at 11:04pm
I am 16 years old and male. I keep my hair in the style most teens do, short with it "up" in the front.

I have normally medium-dark blonde hair. Sunday I had the idea of dying it black, and stupidly I used a permanent dye.

Monday I am going to the hair salon to get my hair lightened, hopefully to my natural color, but if its not possible at least a few shades lighter than BLACK. Will I have any success? Will the salon even be able to do anything since I just used a permanent on Sunday and Im going in Monday?
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 7:39pm
Reply to message: 7.773.1
quote:

Normando originally wrote:
I am 16 years old and male. I keep my hair in the style most teens do, short with it "up" in the front.

I have normally medium-dark blonde hair. Sunday I had the idea of dying it black, and stupidly I used a permanent dye.

Monday I am going to the hair salon to get my hair lightened, hopefully to my natural color, but if its not possible at least a few shades lighter than BLACK. Will I have any success? Will the salon even be able to do anything since I just used a permanent on Sunday and Im going in Monday?

Hi Normando:

You should have much success at the salon. The hairdresser will remove the artificial black dye and then retint your hair to a pleasant shade of dark blond or light brown. I don`t believe you should be concerned about going in to the salon so soon after tinting black. I am sure the salon will tell you to use professional shampoo and reconditioning products since your hair will have to be damaged to take out the black color. You should be fine though. Good luck. Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic