Print Page | Close Window

Advice on Entering the Hair Industry?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Work, Work, Work
Forum Description: Job & Career Related Musings
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=80051
Printed Date: April 20 2024 at 6:35am

Topic: Advice on Entering the Hair Industry?
Posted By: Kabuto
Subject: Advice on Entering the Hair Industry?
Date Posted: January 13 2014 at 2:59pm
Hi everyone!

This is just a passing thought I had, but I have a question for everyone. I'm a male, and I was introduced to the thought of entering the cosmetology field by my ex-girlfriend. Unfortunately, we are no longer on speaking terms, so I can't really get her feedback on the matter. But I have some questions for everyone!

1. As a male, would it be awkward to enter the field of hair styling and wig making? Wig making would be preferable to me, because I'm introverted.

To be honest, I don't know how I'd bring it up to my parents, let alone countless people. I am interested in the field because I like working with long and pretty girly hair (and my own, of course!), not to be a barber or anything, which would be more societally acceptable- but I have no desire to work with cutting men's hair.

2. Is there a lot of work to be found in the field? How difficult is it to break in?

3. What's the day to day work like? I have a basic idea of what that would be like as a hair stylist, but what about a wig maker?

Thanks so much!

Replies:
Posted By: spyvine
Date Posted: January 26 2014 at 7:12am
Wig making is a large industry,which may come as a surprise to some.Most wig companies produce thousands of wigs, beards, and other hair related items for their customers.If you want to become a wig maker, you do not need anything more than high school education, though you should be prepared to take additional beautician's courses or to begin in an entry-level job where you will be trained how to use the equipment.Go ahead.

Posted By: BulahLerry
Date Posted: February 18 2014 at 9:43pm
I am also interested in the hair wigs and as I like to change my look sometimes with a new hair style, but having the hair cut is really a trouble, but each time I just buy cheap hair wigs online and told the seller the style I want and then soon I can find the one satify me. So I have never met the problem as you. Not long ago I get a red wigs for myself and it bring me a new style as before.

Print Page | Close Window