Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

++ SETTING UP THE NEW ARCHIVE ++

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 9:04pm
Sounds good, Mocha. I've already archived your revitalizing LG thread as a standalone, so unless you want to add to that, you may have already covered it. The rest look awesome, though.

I think there are lots of bits and pieces on a lot of these topics (like pretipping or shrinkies), but if you can take the subjects from a 101 perspective, like here's what this is, what it's used for, and there are lots of ways to do it, here's an overview, followed by the specifics, it would be great. I don't think we have anything at all on reusing hair, by the way, which would be an awesome addition. I don't think we have anything that breaks down all the different glues you can use for pretipping and the advantages/disadvantages to each. We do have links to people talking about their favorites, but nothing terribly comprehensive so far, so that would be really helpful. Also, we have Metalgirl's sewn clip-in techniques with hand wefts, but we don't have one that uses machine wefts or glue.

:)

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 9:29pm
I do have one suggestion, for anyone who'd like to create a thread but doesn't know exactly what to cover: "How long do extensions last?"

It's a confusing topic (how long the hair lasts v. how long the methods last), and although most people think of 3 months as a timeframe, with bonded wefts, for example, they can last for like a week to a month, depending. Weaves require more maintenance than some methods, too.

I think a lot of people who come here have seen ads that say "These extensions last for 9 months!" so they're totally confused about what this may or may not mean. I don't think they understand that the growth from the root, if nothing else, means that they'll have to be maintenanced or why extensions hair doesn't last that long, in many cases.

Anyway, this is a bit of a thorny issue, but if anyone feels like tackling it, I think it'd be a valuable addition.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 10:01pm

Quote Thanks, girls. But really, all I've done is compile this stuff--all the great information, tips, and tutorials have come from everyone over the past six months or so. I've just put it (hopefully) into a bit more order.

Jenny....you are toooo modest....you do AHELLUVA LOT!

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 10:06am

Hi Jenny,

I would be happy to work on any of the sections.  I get literally 5-6 emails every day....about hair extensions....from confused consumers.  Although I forward a lot of them here....many don't want to read all the threads or are frustrated and just want answers now.

Yes...everyone wants answers ASAP.  :-)  I always ask all the hairdressers I talk to if they do extensions, what type they use and their experiences.  Ironically a lot of the big guns use Great Length systems in their salons.  I am not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing.  I personally have a small chip on my shoulder about Great Lengths because of something that happened several years ago with the son of the founder of GL in Italy.  However, I have spent quite a bit of time watching hair extensions be applied using a variety of systems.

So anyway...if there is anything you would like me to put together I will be happy to volunteer.

OK.  I am going off to start creating the archives now.  Wish me luck.  I have a gallon of coffee and a stack of CDs and will lock the door of my office to avoid interruptions.  :-) 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 11:52pm
Jenny, don't worry, I like writing these things.  You should've seen me yesterday at my boyfriend's typing away on my portable keyboard and Palm Pilot (okay, so we haven't made the Pilot in years, but the name stuck).  It gave me something to do while the boys played video games.   =)   

As a result, I'm halfway through the falls FAQ.  I need to add some pics, then I guess I'll send it to Karen for posting.  (Karen, please correct me if we're doing this another way.)

The wall of hair shall finally serve a purpose!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic