Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP...Who has the best shrinkies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:42am
Amm~Have no idea why MB don't list the ingredients in the
remover~::whispering::Top Secret::

I have been using C-22 citrus residue remover and it works on
MB links and Shrinkies no problem. I have a store of it in my
house for cleaning hairpieces.
I'm also ordering Amm's remover as soon as she is up and
running!!
Naomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:22am

Amm, are you happy to post to the UK?

I would like some smaller ones too, I cut the Docs shrinkies in half at the moment and the bits usually fly across the room never to be seen again.....

Good for you for experimenting

.....and even better that you are happy to share your findings....

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:54am
Amm, this is awesome!  Do you know the time frame for your shrinks to hit the market? 
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 3:02pm
Soon I hope I hope. I gotta drive to the place to get the stuff in the middle of my work schedule and then get it up on the site so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

It'll be available here: http://shrinkies.net

UK? U bet!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 3:27pm
Now see this attitude makes me want to stick it out and try the shrinkies again. They weren't awful this time but they weren't the best application I've done either.  I think my first outing with rings went a bit smoother.  But damn if they aren't undetectable in the hairline. 
X-tend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-tend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 4:16pm

Yeah, count me in too....low cost shrinkies will be devine!!!

I do regular shrinkies, but how do you get them to lay flat? I just read that in you post above. Just not roll em?

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 5:51pm
Nice homepage, AMM! Nice ink, too. :)
luzminerva4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luzminerva4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 7:10pm
Wow Amm!! luv luv luv the homepage.  Can't wait to see the rest and buy buy buy!

Edited by luzminerva4u
That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Hapiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 6:09am
AMM--You rock!  Thanks for doing all the Sherlocking. 

I'll be glad to order from you! 
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 12:55pm
Amm!  I love your site!  You did a super job, and I can't wait to order the longer shrinkies!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:03pm
Thanks! If everyone likes them and the consensus is that they work
the same/good enough/better/ than what's out there, I'll order more
bulk and the prices will come down even lower!

As it stands, I was supposed to be off right now to have this stuff
ready but I'm covering work for someone who had a death in the
family and the shopping cart won't be active until next week.

I am also working with a medical supply company (located through
my work) who supplies tubing which looks and feels similar to MB's
tubing. I don't know if I can track it down or if they'll even supply to
private party but it's another iron I have in the fire.

I'm waiting on the black tubing (WITH ADHESIVE) to arrive also. It
does cost more to have this flexible stuff and have it just like the
clear (with the color exception) but I consider it a real find for those
with black and dark brown hair!

Keep checking the site next week. I promise as soon as my next
days off roll around, I'll have everything up and I'll be able to answer
all the emails about overseas shipping, too. I'm excited!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 9:34pm
So can we order the shinkies and throw some of those yummy soaps in our basket? 

This is a little O/T, but which of your soaps would you most recommend for dry, sensitive skin? Generally, I can only use glycerine soaps, not those superstrong detergent brands. I'm intrigued by the shea butter, in particular (I've never used the stuff before).

:)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 4:58am
LOL, J. Love the way your head works.

$50 on the soap site gets ya free shipping so I would definitely do free shipping if ya wanted shrinkies, etc. thrown into the soap basket. It would simply require telling me what was wanted and I could send a Paypal request instead of someone using the cart and checkout. Super easy and who doesn't dig free shipping!

For dry skin, it's all good but the best is the Oatmeal, Milk & Honey (OMH). Cold process soap in itself has more natural glycerin than clear glycerin soaps you typically see in the stores (most contain sugar and alcohol which gives it its transparency). It's cool to watch the cold process soap go through saponification because you can actually see all the glycerin rise to the top and as it cools, it settles back into the bar. Then it cures for about 6 weeks while the pH lowers and the moisture evaporates.

I put in Avenno colloidal oatmeal, raw organic honey which of course is a humectant that attracts and retains moisture (the honey even has the pieces of honeycomb ground into it) goats milk which has caprylic acid and that lowers its pH to the same level as human skin, vitamin E, unrefined shea butter. The shea is directly imported direct from Africa and IT. IS. AWESOME. I sell little sample sizes because a lot of people just want to see what it is that's in the soap. The best way to use it is to take just a tablespoon, put it in the microwave until it turns liquid and then while it's still warm, apply it all over the body right after getting out of the shower. Or, you can take 2 TBS and mix it in with about 1 C olive oil, add a few drops of lavender essential oil and you've got something better for skin and hair than any high priced department store offers. And you save yourself a load of money to boot. :)

OK, off my literal soapbox.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 6:27am
Thanks, AMM. My skin's dry as the Sahara, so it sounds like a plan! :)
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 5:45pm
I got my shrinks from International Wig. They are thiner than kristins maybe a little more than docs and longer than both I have black and clear they end up not as clear as I would ultimitly like to see ONE of these get!!! I do like how the black ones look in my brown hair you can hardly see them I'm so glad you will have black AMM I will be getting those!! I put some in I will let you guys know how long till they fall out!!!!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 6:24pm
Marie,

Since they don't have an adhesive lining, are you going to add any additional glue or just install them as is?

:)
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:51pm
Nope ! I am going to try them as is, If I have to add then I wont be geting them again. Not worth it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic