Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Henna???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 4:16pm
I use neutral (non-color) henna every 6-8 weeks, and I love it. It has helped my hair get stronger, shinier, and thicker. It is also very easy to apply and rinse out.

Also, the reddish hair in my signature is my natural color. Neutral henna (cassia obovata) will NOT color your hair, I promise. www.hennaforhair.com will send you a sample to try if you like.

Edited by SpecialKitty - June 22 2006 at 4:18pm
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 12:55pm
There's also a nuetral henna which wont color your hair.Its supposed to have great conditioning qualities.Check out the site below.They tell you everything you need to know about henna,nuetral henna,and indigo.

lmacy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmacy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 8:48am
Thanks all.  THe LAST thing I need os a color change at this point.  I thought maybe it was something to help treat damage.  I've got enough color problems.  haha 

THANKS!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 12:37am
I have to disagree claude.I have used henna.Its no more permanent than hairdye. At least thats the result I got with fresh quality henna.

I was able to color over it and even bleach it out.

Cheaper quality henna would probably be more like what you were thinking.And I'm sure the only way to get it would be to cut it.Not all henna is created equal.
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 10:16pm
Henna is a natural hair dye made from the Henna plant. It grows in Africa, South America and other hot regions in this world.

As a hair dye it's red! And once you color your hair with Henna NOTHING & I MEAN NOTHING will strip the henna product from your hair. So if you have a desire someday to have blonde higlights or change or alter your haircolor with any hair that is colored with Henna it's not possible!

Bleach will not even cut through the henna color the only way to get henna out of your hair is to cut off the hair that's been colored with Henna!

My advice DON'T USE IT!
lmacy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmacy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 12:45pm
What is this Henna that everyone talks about??  What does it do?  Where do you get it? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic