Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 Shoulder Length Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
kathye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 11:24am
chea!
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 3:29pm
I halfway made it to shoulder length hair.  I just need the front part of my hair to catch up.  Next stop bra-strap.    I just need to get my hair trimmed (dusted) more often.  Maybe I should try the moon phase hair cutting system.  Anyone?
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 11:08pm

champagne wishes- i am down with the moon phase cutting system- i am planning on trimming in the fall.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 11:13pm
Nothing new to report in the growth department. Oh but i did start using henna. I got mine from lush and i am using caca marroon. I just did my 3rd application last nite. I love the color but am having trouble getting the roots to take color. I probably won't do it again for awhile but when i finish up this batch- i may try a neutral brand or a darker shade- for now i am happy with the color and love the way my hair feels.
Luvlybelizean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2006 at 10:51am
thanks chanelle.
maybe you hair needs a little protein to help with the breakage, especially if it started after a relaxer/ or it is straight. if your hair has a curly pattern and its breaking maybe you need more moisture. HTH
"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*
Last relaxer:4/06
Trans. styles: weaves&braids
goal:4-6" natural
Currently: 4"uneven
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 12:33am
Well i decided to braid my hair and see if this would help instead of using the chinese bumps. so i am washing everyweek with CON and spraying with infusium and african royale. i am following www.growafrohairlong.com suggestions all the way. the only issue i am having is itchy scalp.
Any suggestions on what i could do for the itch... there are no flakes and it is not dry at all. i don't really know why it is so itchy.. my goodness. HELP!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 6:57pm

Kellie, sometimes too much oil can make your scalp itch. Try looking into that.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

chanellenumbah5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanellenumbah5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 9:23am
Thanks luvly. I think I tried to slow down on the moisture and use more protein that I forgot all about moisture. I've been doing less co-washes. Unfortunately its still breaking

http://public.fotki.com/chanellenumbah5/
brownie29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 2:50pm
I have reached my goal of shoulder length hair  I think stretching relaxers is my key and moisturizing.  Next Apl is my goal and try to get thickness back.  Any suggestions?
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 3:48pm
I have reached my goal of SL and now I'm on to APL. Good luck to you ladies and congrats to those who already made it. Wish me luck. I might be coming back on the challenge because I haven't decided if I should do another trim before the year is up.
chanellenumbah5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanellenumbah5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 11:10am
My hair has finally stopped breaking and I have still been able to retain some length

http://public.fotki.com/chanellenumbah5/
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 5:27pm
I finally feel comfortable saying I made it, now that I got that extra inch, Congrats to everyone!
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:16pm
HeI EvEry1! How have u been keepin up with ya'll regimen. Well I need half an inch till i'm officially shoulder length. CONGRADS to all that have alreadi reached their goals!!! I wish u good luck on ur nex challenge!!
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 5:29pm
i juss tooken out mi twist and i'm officially shoulder length (stretched). my next goal is shoulder length unstretched
drbuttercup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drbuttercup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 7:48pm
I'm new to this thing, so I'd like to first say hello! And I've got some exciting news and help for your hair! So, I've been researching lots of ways to make my hair grow faster, and I came across a magazine forum, saying that Kelp vitamins will help your hair reach its maximum growth rate.  One girl had said that she had been taking the vitamins for 2 weeks, and she had a half an inch growth...well...I'm proud to say that I too have been taking these supplements for 2 weeks, and my hair has also grown a half an inch!! My hair has deep waves when as my new growth pumps in, and when I began taking the vitamins, I had one wave of new growth which was a lil over a half an inch, and yesterday I put some gel on the front, and I have almost 3 waves now!!! Seriously this works..also, Kelp has great health benefits for your metabolism as a whole.  I'm 22 and my weight fluctuates alot because I'm in grad school and I'm stressed, and eat good and bad things constantly, but I've noticed that since I've been taking the kelp supplements, my weight is beginning to stabilize, and that's WITHOUT changing my bad habits....so imagine what would happen if I began to eat right and work out regularly? I'm not a sales person, or a secret promoter for any product (I'm always afraid that those types of people are on these forums to sell their product...egh!) I'm just desperate for length! My hair used to sit on my bra strap in high school, and its been cut so much by jealous stylists in school, that its a few inches past my shoulders now :( so any other tips you guys could have for me would be great1

P.S. What is this hair rating system about? 4b stuff? My hair is naturally wavy/curly, and its very soft, but my shafts are thick to give the appearance of humungous hair! (but i love it!)

P.S.S. I encourage you all to look into a product line called ECRU New York.  I have relaxed hair, and when I tell u this product line is like magic? My hair is so shiny you can practically see yourself in it! Its a tad expensive and ultra exclusive, but its a secret I just can't keep...so look it up online and see what u can find! The oil is awesome for those people who have hair like mine...dry at ends at times, but normal roots...its so light, and never weighs my hair down...which keeps me lookin like an indian baby! (so my friend says) lol

ok, this is too long..ttyl!

*Toodles*
ONLY PRETTY GIRLS WEAR 20 PEARLS...1908
drbuttercup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drbuttercup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 8:12pm
Also, does anybody also believe that you don't need trims every month or 3 months? I haven't had one sinch march, and yes its a tad uneven, but I've been taking really good care of my hair, so when I get my perm next month it should be really long, (thanx to my good ol kelp pills ;) ) and I don't need too much cut...I believe that if you keep the heat out, and heavily condition the ends, you really only need a trim 2 or 3 times a year.  Honestly..because why else would u need one except that the hair becomes a little uneven...remember people, hair stylists, especially black ones love to cut hair, because they do as much cutting as styling.  Our white counterparts usually only go into a salon for cuts and color, so their stylists are not as pressed to cut their hair, as ours are.  Think about it, if you went to hair school, wouldn't you like to cut someone's hair? didnt you try to cut ur dollies hair when u were little? So given the chance to cut their client's hair, is a bit of a joy, which it should be, but many stylists get a bit carried away, and end up slaughtering our length...which keeps our hair short.  When i was in high school, I got trims like every 3 or four months, and my hair was sooooo long.  Granite, I got my hair done every 2 weeks, because I had my mom's bank account readily available..lol
ONLY PRETTY GIRLS WEAR 20 PEARLS...1908

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 1:07am
Originally posted by drbuttercup drbuttercup wrote:

Also, does anybody also believe that you don't need trims every month or 3 months? I haven't had one sinch march, and yes its a tad uneven, but I've been taking really good care of my hair, so when I get my perm next month it should be really long, (thanx to my good ol kelp pills ;) ) and I don't need too much cut...I believe that if you keep the heat out, and heavily condition the ends, you really only need a trim 2 or 3 times a year.  Honestly..because why else would u need one except that the hair becomes a little uneven...remember people, hair stylists, especially black ones love to cut hair, because they do as much cutting as styling.  Our white counterparts usually only go into a salon for cuts and color, so their stylists are not as pressed to cut their hair, as ours are.  Think about it, if you went to hair school, wouldn't you like to cut someone's hair? didnt you try to cut ur dollies hair when u were little? So given the chance to cut their client's hair, is a bit of a joy, which it should be, but many stylists get a bit carried away, and end up slaughtering our length...which keeps our hair short.  When i was in high school, I got trims like every 3 or four months, and my hair was sooooo long.  Granite, I got my hair done every 2 weeks, because I had my mom's bank account readily available..lol

I have gone as long as 6 months without trimming with no problem but most of the time i trim every 3-4 months like clockwork. I only go to a stylist for a trim and braids. I do my own color using henna at home.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic