Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcorrecting hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: correcting hair color
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:25am
My hair is originally medium brown with red highlights. In the last few years though the it has become more red than brown which, while everyone else loves, I hate. I've tried coloring it at home but after a few weeks it looks even more red. Someone told me the more chemicals you put in brown hair the more red it will look. Is that true? Also, every time I put another color on it it looks darker than I want and makes my face look extremely pale. I would love to have light brown hair but can't afford to go to a salon. Is there a cheaper way to try and fix my hair. I'm afraid to try a dark blonde color because that would really make it red. I also don't want to keep coloring my hair because it's become very damaged.
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:26am
> Don't use permanent color as it will eventually show more red agian. Try a semi-permanant color in a dark ash blonde. It will only make your hair a little darker than what you see now, and tone the red down a little. Avoid the ends, do them last as they will grab more and be muddy. Using a darker shade in a semi-permanent will end up darker than you want. Some to try: "Avantage" "Natural Instincts" If it does'nt help, find a hairstylist who will guarantee the results and at least you won't end up paying for disaster
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic