Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else regret gettin their long hair cut?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Flashygirl47 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flashygirl47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else regret gettin their long hair cut?
    Posted: July 30 2001 at 4:24pm
I was just wondering if anyone regrets getting their long hair cut short. I got my butt legnth hair cut about a month ago into a chin legnth bob and I wish I wouldn`t have. Everyone told me how nice I would look but it just seems they wanted me to look more like them. I`m trying to grow it back but its gonna probobly take an extremely long time and a lot of patience. A lot of people seem to like their hair shorter, but does anyone feel the same way I do that has gotten their hair chopped off? And if so do you know how long it would take to grow about 16 inches of hair back?

Brit
ilovecurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovecurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2001 at 4:29pm
Should only take you about three years...good luck!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2001 at 12:01pm
Get hair vitamins and it`ll grow quicker.
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2001 at 9:29pm
Reply to message: 7.1090.1
Britt,

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Seems that you have been tricked into cutting your hair by friends who were probably jealous of your amazing mane. I hope you now realise just how special your long hair was and I am so glad to hear that you are going to grow it back. Best wishes!

John
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2001 at 9:29pm
Britt,

One more thing Britt, if you want someone to talk with about what has happened or to offer you some support with the re-growing of your hair, please feel free to contact me, I will be more than willing to help out.

John
bodacious_blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodacious_blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2001 at 9:32pm
I know exactly how you feel. I cut my hair into a chin length layered cut! That was two summers ago (which I know sounds like a long time), but now it`s half way down my back, and I`ve had it trimmed about five times since then.I read a bunch of tips on making my hiar grow faster... I think they worked, because my hair`s never stretched this fast before!!
Don`t wear hair in a ponytail to bed (when it`s long enough to do so) because it will break the hairshaft. And make sure you scrub your scalp and give it a good massage in the shower... it supposedly stimulates growth!
Well good luck, it won`t take too long!!
vikki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2001 at 10:23am
Do i...yeah i did the same as you like 3 years ago and its only just past my shoulders
long_hair824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long_hair824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2001 at 12:12am
Reply to message: 7.1095.1
My aunt told herd my "freingd" talking about what a sweet person I would be If I choped off my waist lengsth hair so wothout telling my mom she took me to get it cut and the people at the hair place wouldnt even donate it, it finally grew bck and yes it took about 3 years
long hair :)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2001 at 5:23pm
Reply to message: 7.1160.1
quote:
long_hair824 originally wrote:
Reply to message: 7.1095.1
My aunt told herd my "freingd" talking about what a sweet person I would be If I choped off my waist lengsth hair so wothout telling my mom she took me to get it cut and the people at the hair place wouldnt even donate it, it finally grew bck and yes it took about 3 years

How sweet you`d be? Gads, what a line. More like "how controlling they would be if..." and yes, they were controlling. You have my sympathy. Glad to hear your hair has grown back. "We won`t be fooled again, no no." :-)
Darrin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2001 at 9:17pm
I have mid-back hair and I almost cut it short. I am still not sure why I almost did it. Some women told me I would look really attracted with short hair, but a lot of women like me with long hair. I had a girlfriend who critized my hair in a letter after we got into a fight, she is crazy! I decided to cut off 7 inches of it instead. That way I wouldn`t cut it off all at once. I instantly regreted cutting it. I have since let it grow back and it is currently at the length it was before. It took a bout nine months for it to grow back. What bothers me is I don`t know why I thought about cutting it! I have never listened to people before regarding cutting it. Maybe because my girlfriend split up with me? I don`t know! Well, anyway, it does grow back.

Good Luck,

Darrin

I take hair, skin, and nails which is a hair supplement. You can buy it at GNC and other healthfood stores. I am thinking about ordering this supplement called hair formula 37. I think hair supplements that contain Biotin help your hair grow a little faster that the average 1/2 inch a month.
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2002 at 6:24pm
Originally my long hair had no shape or style. So, when I went to a new salon (very $) to try a new style & color I was hopeful. I took in a hair magazine, showed her a pic first to see if it was possible for me, and let her pick the color.

I was amazed! I looked fabulous. I went for a chin length layered bob with a newly copper hue.

Problem was it was very very expensive on the upkeep. To keep the style and color fresh I had to go in like every 3 wks. (due to the fact roots would show quickly) Plus, my hubby is a musician and very vain & wants a "trophy" wife with long locks. So then began the growing out process (hell) and this whole extension ordeal.

I say if you can afford it and like the style, keep it.

If you can`t afford it or don`t care for the style, grow it out and write this experience in a journal. That way the next time you get the urge to go for a chop you can remind yourself of this day.
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2002 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Darrin Darrin wrote:

I have mid-back hair and I almost cut it short. I am still not sure why I almost did it. Some women told me I would look really attracted with short hair, but a lot of women like me with long hair. I had a girlfriend who critized my hair in a letter after we got into a fight, she is crazy! I decided to cut off 7 inches of it instead. That way I wouldn't cut it off all at once. I instantly regreted cutting it. I have since let it grow back and it is currently at the length it was before. It took a bout nine months for it to grow back. What bothers me is I don't know why I thought about cutting it! I have never listened to people before regarding cutting it. Maybe because my girlfriend split up with me? I don't know! Well, anyway, it does grow back.

Good Luck,

Darrin

I take hair, skin, and nails which is a hair supplement. You can buy it at GNC and other healthfood stores. I am thinking about ordering this supplement called hair formula 37. I think hair supplements that contain Biotin help your hair grow a little faster that the average 1/2 inch a month.

Darrin, personally I think guys look best with a little length to their hair. Don`t listen to anyone who says you "need" to cut it. Plenty of modern men have a long style. And to some peoples misconception they don`t all work at gas stations.

(some people are just jealous.)
SJH View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2002 at 5:05pm
I think you regret it because it was to big of a leap at one time. Don`t let this keep you from trying new things, just do a little at a time. Best of luck!
Aoecean Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2002 at 8:04pm
Over the past two years I`ve had everything from shoulder length locks to short bobs to shags...But after 4 months, I finally "pixied" my hair...I am so glad I did it and you know what? I want to cut more off(I.e. Selma Blair) and growing it out is going to be a pain(too many phases just to get to a bob). So short is good for me now. I feel relieved that I finally have short hair.
Amyyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amyyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2002 at 9:59am
My [EX] Boyfriend dared me to cut my waist length blonde hair, he`d been goading me for ages, I snapped and cut it off about 18 inch, to 4 and 10 inches [It was hideous!] - I realise now that he was a control-freak-psycho & I was a total idiot to even listen, but my point is that yes I did regret it! - I felt OK for about 10 minutes, then went into a depression that lasted months; I`d never appreciated how important hair is and how lost I`d feel without it. But the stuff about massaging your head etc does work - it still takes time but I do believe the more you put into it really does help - vitamins, stimulating the circulation, conditioning, hanging upside down [I was desperate]
Amy
Crystal D View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2002 at 6:57pm
So Sorry to hear about your situation. My hair is long. About mid-back length. I have recently been considering cutting mine. I am thankful to have read about your experience. I realize how much time long hair takes. Short hair is definately easier, that is why everyone has short hair. I can certainly see your point in considering short hair, so don`t beat yourself up. Summer is coming and hair grows faster in warm weather. One suggestion is to eat foods high in protein, Peanutbutter for example. Also many health stores carry hair suppliments. In the mean time make the most of it. Straighten it and wear it smooth and chic. Wear your make up more dramatic and accessorize well. Best of luck!!
Crystal D View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2002 at 7:01pm
So Sorry to hear about your situation. My hair is long. About mid-back length. I have recently been considering cutting mine. I am thankful to have read about your experience. I realize how much time long hair takes. Short hair is definately easier, that is why everyone has short hair. I can certainly see your point in considering short hair, so don`t beat yourself up. Summer is coming and hair grows faster in warm weather. One suggestion is to eat foods high in protein, Peanutbutter for example. Also many health stores carry hair suppliments. In the mean time make the most of it. Straighten it and wear it smooth and chic. Wear your make up more dramatic and accessorize well. Best of luck!!
kysarl182 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kysarl182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2002 at 8:14am
I just got my hair cut from my shoulders to almost my ears. It almost looks like a guy in the back and I regret it so badly.....I know that know matter how much everyone says they like it....I hate it! I hope anyone who has long hair will keep it that way and please don`t make the same mistake as I and others have done. Just remember to massage your head every day and take lots of Vitamins......until then I have to wear this bob for a couple of months!!!

zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Flashygirl47 Flashygirl47 wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone regrets getting their long hair cut short. I got my butt legnth hair cut about a month ago into a chin legnth bob and I wish I wouldn't have. Everyone told me how nice I would look but it just seems they wanted me to look more like them. I'm trying to grow it back but its gonna probobly take an extremely long time and a lot of patience. A lot of people seem to like their hair shorter, but does anyone feel the same way I do that has gotten their hair chopped off? And if so do you know how long it would take to grow about 16 inches of hair back?

Brit

i whacked off lots of hair to a super short cut, too! and HATED IT!
i know what you mean! i went to the "long hair support room" but
was told i needed to be in here instead! i was looking for support!
and then i come here and run into someone with the exact same
issue going on! i ordered capilong a few days ago! i have heard
some REALLY amazing things about it ... that it makes your hair
grow 1-2 inches more a month ... that`s added to your normal
hair growth rate! i also want to get some vitamins. H37 sounds like
hot stuff! i think i`m gonna get that, too! :-) hang in there! you should
consider capilong AND vitamins, too ... if you`re as desperate as
i am to get the hair back AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! i`ll keep you
posted on my progress!
zasani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by kysarl182 kysarl182 wrote:

I just got my hair cut from my shoulders to almost my ears. It almost looks like a guy in the back and I regret it so badly.....I know that know matter how much everyone says they like it....I hate it! I hope anyone who has long hair will keep it that way and please don't make the same mistake as I and others have done. Just remember to massage your head every day and take lots of Vitamins......until then I have to wear this bob for a couple of months!!!

hang in there! it`ll grow back! read my post that i wrote to flashygirl!
it may be the answer for you! :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic