Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I said Blonde damnit! BLONDE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tashels View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I said Blonde damnit! BLONDE!
    Posted: October 31 2001 at 12:03pm
Okay, well its been 5 months now since i first thought to myself "Gee, I wanna go blonde!" So I went to my hairdresser, told them exactly that, and she said she didnt want me to go home and cry because i wanted my natural mousy brown back (yech) and but highlights all over my head. Since then I have been to a number of stylists, who have put foils, foils and more foils. Finally, I went to a hairdresser, who understood that I was not afraid of going blonde, and since I am lucky enought o be blessed with healthy hair, she bleach-washed it and well, now I AM blonde, and guess what? Its blonde alright, but not blonde enough. This might be a stupid question, but how can I get it blonder, and maintain it?
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2001 at 12:55pm
hrm, that seems to be the standard operating procedure for stylist... they never want to dye your whole head... they talked me into highlights too, but i wasnt really wanting to go all blonde anyway...back to my post :) sounds like you should just go back to the hairdresser that gave you the bleach-wash and tell her you want it blonder :) they have toners that can fix it up for you, or she could offer some other advice... (maintenance while i was all blonde a few years ago was using the "born blonde" stuff -i think you acn get it at walmart- to heep everything shimmery and wonderful :) again, ask your stylist, she`ll know better stuff than i can offer you :D
enjoy your hair!
aeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2001 at 4:39pm
Wow.
I was just reading the boards here because I wanted to know if I *could* go blonde blonde even though I have highlights (which I didn`t want and got talked into)
If they bleach my hair with the blonde highlights in it, won`t they already highlighted pieces get dangerously light? (i.e fall out?)

Why won`t anyone do all over colour anymore?
I brought in three pictures of colours I liked...all of them all over colour, and the stylist did everything but flat out refuse to get me to go with highlights.
tracey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 10:24pm
Reply to message: 7.1308.1
yes, if you already have blonde hi-lites and try to go all over blonde, they will be overprocessed and be fried. we try to discourage all over blonde because unless you look like a playboy bunny it doesn`t look good. It usually looks redneck. ( you asked)
aeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2001 at 3:00am
eh, I just dyed the whole thing auburn
I guess I avoided redneck teritorry once again.

*rolls eyes*

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic