Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Over one year ago people were jealous of my thick curly hair, but now they just laugh at it!!!! Help me!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Over one year ago people were jealous of my thick curly hair, but now they just laugh at it!!!! Help me!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Natashatj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natashatj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Over one year ago people were jealous of my thick curly hair, but now they just laugh at it!!!! Help me!!!
    Posted: November 20 2001 at 9:50am
Over two years ago i had what most people would say hair to be jelous of. It was thick, curly and dark to medium blonde, and it came down to the middle of my back. I was so happy with my hair, then i decided to bleach my hair white blonde, at first everything seemed fine, and my hair was taking the bleach well. Then i fell out of my hairdresser, so i decided to do it at home, with the advice of the local hair shop. To my absolute distruction my hair went a blue grey colour. I was in a panik, so they next day i went to another hairdresser to help me, they then died my hair to red, then back to blonde. At the end of the day my hair just fell out in clumbs, just touching my hair was to cause my hair to fall out. Now that was over 6 months ago and since then my hair has just got worse, it is now extremly thin and handfulls still fall out. Even the natural curls that i had have dissapeared, and it doesnt seem to be growing like it did. It is just a plain mess. but now i am extremly worried that my good hair days are over, i am not even 30 yet, but my hair looks like it is 100 years old. Can anyone help me please. i really could do with any advice, as i am seem to be trying everything to get back the good quality, but nothing is working...
I really would appreciate any advice.
Thank you Natasha
Rachel B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2001 at 12:32pm
hi,i know how u feel, mean my hair didnt fall out or anything,but a few years ago ever1 wanted my hair.it was so soft and shiny and at the same time thick.now my hair is NOT shiny & not soft.sorry i dont h have an answer.
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2001 at 12:45pm
Reply to message: 7.1293.1
There is no quick fix for your problem. Sorry. The best thing you can do is be patient. Your good hair will return in time. You put it through quite a trauma but time will heal it. Use quality products, eat right, take a good multivitamin, and be kind to your hair. You might consider something made especially for hair growth like Hairtopia (sold on this site) or Viviscal. I have a good friend that has been using Viviscal for about 8 months now with really remarkable results. Her hair is in terrific condition and is growing very fast. Right now, the last thing your hair needs is heat so don`t use hot rollers and, if you must use your hair dryer, use the lowest possible heat setting. A no heat deep conditioner is also a good idea (like L`Oreal`s Mermade available at Sally`s). Good luck and take heart - this too shall pass.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2002 at 7:52pm
Take alot of vitamins, use a oil conditioner, don`t ever color your hair again avoid heat. I hate to say it, just because you won`t want to hear it but if it`s not better by spring you might want to just get it all cut off and start from scratch, in the mean time I would cut it into a very tight pixie that will get rid of most of the damage and will give you a cut style that won`t look as bad as what you have now, you can grow it back from there. It`s a long haul but you can dio it, and next time don`t diss your hair stylist, they may be expensive and tell you what you don`t want to hear but they generally know what there doing.
OnlyME15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyME15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2002 at 3:09pm
Oh my god!
that is my biggest nightmare!
I feel so sorry for you!
use shampoo for damaged hair from Kerastase, bain satin 3 i think that will be fine.
Don`t worry hair grows!
a life without hair is no life at all
Brandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2002 at 3:42am
The best thing to do is cut it all off and start over!!!
It will probobly grow a lot faster!
:):):):):):):):)
Just tryin to help View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just tryin to help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2002 at 3:17pm
I agree with everyone else. I would just cut it off and start over. Take a vitamin like ultra nourishair from gnc and you might want to add MSM, silica, flaxseed oil, and biotin. Dont forget to eat a lot of protein. Use good quality products but dont over do it. Infusium leave is a hairs best friend. Get a bottle of it and also buy a spray bottle and spray your hair after you get out of the shower.

Good Luck.. and dont worry it wil grow back!
buffyamy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffyamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 2:54pm
I would suggest investing in a high quality wig to wear just until your hair gets semi healthy again.You can probibly find a natural looking wig in your hair texture at a wig shop. that way , while your hair grows out you won`t have to suffer so bad.I would also suggest cutting your hair as short as you can stand it. Let`s face it, Hair is dead! you can never completely repair it. Especially if you say that it`s falling out!Your only safe bet is to cut your hair off where the damage stops and let it grow back in healthy. If you don`t like the idea of a wig, consider extentions.And don`t make the same mistake twice. Leave coloring to the pros.
Paprika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paprika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 8:31pm
I am definitely a long hair lover...but if it were me I would just cut it as short as I could stand it...and maybe getting it cut will help with the texture...I am growing my hair from short to long now...it IS a long haul..but I think if you dedicate yourself to having healthy beautiful hair you can have it again. Treat your hair like it`s delicate...don`t wash it every day..don`t use heat unless you have to...take your vitamins and use a good conditioner with a hot oil treatment once a week. What helps me is I have a calendar and I mark the days off...I keep track of each month and the length I`ve achieved...Well..I just started this process so it isn`t much...I hear you girl!!

Oh by the way...has anyone had luck with Capilong.
The website claims 1 1/2 to 2 inches in a month....I just can`t blieve it!! check out the site guys http://www.capilong.com

paprika
Carver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2002 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Brandi Brandi wrote:

The best thing to do is cut it all off and start over!!!
It will probobly grow a lot faster!
:):):):):):):):)

Cutting your hair doesn`t make it grow faster. It`s a common misconception because as hair reaches a certain length, significant growth is less noticeable.

For example. a bald person or one with short hair will notice two months` worth of growth FAR more than someone with shoulder-length hair. It`s not as if it really grows faster after being cut; that is just the appearance of the whole head of hair seems to change more drastically when there is less of it.

Best of luck anyhow,
Carver
Curly, thick hair: a blessing and a curse?

*Carver*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic