Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

haircut or slice-and-dice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cayte View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cayte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: haircut or slice-and-dice?
    Posted: April 19 2002 at 1:48pm
February, I went to a discount place where I received adequate haircuts in
the past, but I did not know the particular stylist. I told her I wanted the stylist
to not change the style, I wanted shoulder length, just a little neater. What I got was
uneven, chin length in the front and even shorter in the back. As a 50+ geek I`d be the last
person you`d expect to be devastated but I was. I could just hear people saying "This lady
has really let herself go." The salons don`t have a crystal ball, so even a salon with a good
track record can hire a loser.

Two weeks later I went back to my regular stylist and he fixed the cut( along with a stern
lecture). Now, its grown out in time for spring and over the last few days two people have
complimented me on my "beautiful" hair. I don`t buy it but at least they could say it with a
straight face.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 10:26pm
I feel your pain--although it sounds like your look is working for you better now. Once I went to a mall salon (first mistake) for a trim on my past-the-shoulders all-one-length hair and SOMEHOW the stylist managed to slip and cut one small section MUCH shorter than the rest in front (think the thickness of a chenille pipe cleaner.) So I had this piece right up in front that just brushed my eyebrows. God only knows how annoying that was, since I refused to get bangs cut in. Anyway, glad to hear you`re getting compliments on your "beautiful" hair! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Cayte View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cayte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 1:03pm
Thank you for understanding that a bad haircut can have an emotional impact that`s out of proportion tp its objective importance.

Cayte
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 8:50pm
No kidding! If it were "just hair," there wouldn`t be all these online hair sites with wild and crazy discussion boards :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Shani View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2002 at 12:16am
I have never figured out how hairdressers stay in business when they ignore the wishes of their clients! I have had that happen to me - and for a long time I was afraid to even have my hair cut.

Your friends who compliment you on your beautiful hair probably mean it - people have amazingly different tastes when it comes to hair. And, your hair may "objectively" look very nice now. But, it`s not the way you want it - and you have every right to decide how your hair should be.
CASEY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CASEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2002 at 12:58am
Just today i had my first hair disaster. i went in with shoulder length hair and asked for one inch off the bottom and some long layers. Now ive got a chin length uneven bob. Tomorrow Im going somewhere else to have it evened out. I was crying at first and now am realizing that Im gonna have to live with it for a few months.
-Casey
CASEY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic