Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dreadlock Disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoga Sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoga Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreadlock Disaster
    Posted: October 27 2002 at 5:34pm
Help! A couple of months ago I thought I wanted dreadlocks, so I got `em. Well, I didn`t like them - they felt icky and I missed my "regular" hair. So I tried to comb them out, but alas, they`d already taken and I ended up having to cut them out. Now my hair is about 20 different lengths (approx. 4 inches - shoulder length). That part doesn`t have me as freaked out as the fact that my hair is super thin now from being pulled out and broken in the dread/un-dread process. Before the dreadlocks, my hair was a little past my shoulders and very thick and healthy. This sucks! Will it get back to normal in time?? What can I do to restore the health of my hair?
Tip: If you are thinking of dreading your hair and it is really healthy and long, think really hard before you do it....
Jood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2002 at 1:30pm
How long has it been since you got rid of them?
Your hair should grow back normally. I`m sure it will look better in a couple of months when it`s had time to grow in and rest for a while.
You could try using some deep conditioners (I like Aussie 3 minute miracle), protein packs etc. to improve the condition of your hair.
I guess you`ll just have to be patient and wait for the new hair to grow in.
Jood

www.haircrazy.info
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic