Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shedding......heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shedding......heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!
    Posted: March 15 2005 at 10:48am
My fusion is shedding like a moulting dog!  I can't figure out what went wrong.  I used the hotpot and dipped the ends of the hair in the glue making sure that the hair was completely covered on all sides.  Then I attached the hair and rollled.  After rolling I used the edge of a flatiron to slightly re-melt everything together and re-rolled  for a better bond.   So why is everything shedding so badly? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 12:14pm
Kristin, I know you do fusion.  Do you have this problem at all?
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:52pm
I'm not sure, hopefully someone else can help you... did you also use nail glue over the tip?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:57pm
Bridget, no I didn't use nail glue.  That's not for fusion.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 8:56pm

Bird, if your getting good penetration of the glue into the hair and forming a good rolled bond you shouldnt be having serious shedding issues. Those are generally the only two things that contribute to serious shedding. Other than that the only things I might think could be the problem, would be the brand of fusion glue or possible products in the hair or oil in the hair prior to application. I would wash with a clarifying shampoo (or some even use dawn dishsoap prior to installation of some methods) and definitely no conditioner on hair.

I gave up on hand fusion because I just couldnt get it the method down to at T. Have you seen the fusion demo on Drlocks. site where you prebond your strands first them just add a bit more glue before applying to the natural hair? It seems like it may be a little easier, might be worth a try.

This is a good question for Kristin!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic