Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do you apply directly beside eachother or

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missmolly1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: do you apply directly beside eachother or
    Posted: July 20 2005 at 4:09pm
Is there a difference as far as applying them. Every picture I have seen the extensions are right next to eachother is that the correct way or does it matter?

Thanks!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 10:07pm
Usually, if you're adding both length and thickness (especially if your hair is thin), you'll want to install them right next to each other, with no spaces between the connections or rows.

A lot of people like to stagger the rows in a brick pattern, as it were, so instead of three looking like this pattern:

x x x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x

They'd look like this:

x x x x x
 x x x x x
x x x x x

:)
purrmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 11:16am
The problem with not leaving out any hair in between rows is that it makes the connections much more difficult to conceal, especially with fine hair.  That is my experience, anyway.
boogiemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boogiemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 3:44pm
I usually do 4-5 rows solid from the bottom up and then bricklay pattern the rest.
Some people I do solid rows throughbut the whole head, but leave space in between the rows.
Some people I just "scatter" their whole head. Depends on hair thickness, haircut, even color.
missmolly1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 4:07pm
Thanks for all the tips everyone! I guess you just try it out and see what it looks like!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic