Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long does it take?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cbtmwydcatf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbtmwydcatf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long does it take?
    Posted: September 01 2005 at 2:48pm
Hello, I just found this website today. I have rather short hair, it's almost to my shoulders(i ran a straightener on one side to see how long it was)and i'm getting it trimmed tomorrow. does trimming hair(getting split ends cut off)help the process of it growing faster? i was wondering if it were possible to get my hair just a little below the top of my shoulders in 2 weeks. is this possible? If i got it trimmed tomorrow how much do you think it would grow in 2 weeks? is a multi-vitamin reccomended? i'm envious of alanis morissette's hair, that's my goal for the next few years!
cbtmwydcatf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbtmwydcatf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 2:50pm
i forgot to add that my hair grows a little more faster after i get a trim but then slows down after a few weeks of getting it trimmed.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 11:00am
Welcome, cbtmwydcatf! 

Interesting name there... care to share how you derived it?

Having your hair trimmed only makes the ends all the same length.  A trim will only remove splits if they happen to start below the level to which your hair is trimmed.  A better way to remove split ends is to examine the strands individually and (very carefully!) trim individual splits.  This process is otherwise known as "search & destroy."

Trimming just the tips, once in awhile, should not significantly affect your hair's growth rate.  If your hair grows at the average rate of 6 inches per year, and you have 1/4" trimmed just from the tips every 2 months, your hair length can gain 4 1/2" in one year.  Trim less length (or less frequently) and you could "save" more of that 6" of growth.  Trim more length (or more frequently), and you'll have less additional length in a year's time.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic