Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmy wave knowledge....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
blackgospel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackgospel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my wave knowledge....
    Posted: December 30 2004 at 1:20pm
All the information for getting waves (brushing in the shower, etc.) are all spread out over the site so I thought I'd put everything I've learned on this sit into one post... Don't jump down my throat if you don't like it, just ignore it lol. This is just something to help beginners to create their own method. Chris

How To Get Waves

The curls/coils in your hair are the key to getting waves. If your hair is straight the you will not get waves because a wave is a straightened out curl. The curlier (or nappy) your hair is, the more waves you will have in your hair. Deep waves comes from letting your hair grow. Everyone’s waves will not look the same, it depends on your hair type.
Some people have different textures throughout their head, therefore your waves may have a slightly different look or may not be totally the same. Though it may not be noticeable.
Pomade is not what develops waves. So if you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter. Pomade is used to help hold down your hair and help define them, but it isn’t necessary for the process.

Use pomade before your brush/du rag
Brush hair at most 1/1 ½ hours daily
Clean hair at least every other day to keep hair healthy
Brush hair in shower to make them more uniform
Wear du rag when not busy and to bed.
Spray du rag with water or moisturizer while wearing.
Get a hair cut every 2-4 weeks to make them deeper
While hair is long, comb hair as well as brush (hard brush)

Brushing: When brushing your hair start from the center of your head and brush out in every direction towards your lining. Example: From the crown to your forehead, crown to your left temple, etc. From your crown it should make a circle.

Pomade: Pomade is not what makes waves so if you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter. Pomade is used to help hold down your hair and help define them, but it isn’t necessary for the process. Either place a fingertip of pomade into your hand and rub it until it softens, place it in a sink of hot water until it melts, or melt it with a blow drier, then apply it evenly into your hair. Thoroughly rub it into your hair with your palm. If the pomade isn’t melted, take a hot towel and place it on your head to melt the grease, or you can use a blow drier. After you apply the pomade brush it into your hair.

Moisturizing: Use pink lotion or Scurl Moisturizer to keep your hair from drying out. Whenever you think you need it throughout the day.

Ice Pomade: Use this pomade sparingly (going out, etc.), it is possible that it will damage or irritate the skin near your lining.

Water technique: While you are brushing, spray your hair with water and brush it dry. Keep repeating this until you’re finished brushing.
There is no such thing as a stupid question only a lot of inquisitive idiots.
pmp4lfjmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 1:27pm
GOOD

NewEraOg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewEraOg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pmp4lfjmike pmp4lfjmike wrote:

GOOD
Official Dream Team Member
http://dreamteam360.net
Dream Team Website

http://community.webshots.com/user/neweraog1

YoUnG MaCk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoUnG MaCk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by NewEraOg NewEraOg wrote:

GOOD

100 MiNuS 99 Reppin Dat Ft.Lauderdale
PLAYA2K4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLAYA2K4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:20pm
Good job...i will use your advice
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:28pm
Good post. You should repost this in the "If u new" topic.

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by BodyGuard BodyGuard wrote:

BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:43pm
Why are you posting so much and saying absolutly nothing? You don't get anything if you have a ton of posts you know that....right?

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:46pm
wtf who me

Cheater Of Da Year (2004) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheater Of Da Year (2004) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:49pm
damn, i hate to be the first person to question this thread due to my history, but i got 2 questions. I agree wit everything else but i question the only brushing 1 1/2 hours a day. If thats the case then i need to pull back on my brushing by 40%. And the only other thing i question is washin hair every couple of days.....i was told by some dt members (cant remember, it wuz when i first joined) to wash everyother week??
I'M REPPIN EVERY NICCA IN DEES STREETS TO SCREAM AT ME!!!!!!

BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:53pm
Blah!

1 1/2 hours? I don't brush that much and I haven't for a while.
As far as washing I would say every other day or once a week if you use lots of products. But if you only using a moisturizer and no pomade then once every 2 weeks is cool.

ADIAMOND08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADIAMOND08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Cheater Of Da Year (2004) Cheater Of Da Year (2004) wrote:

damn, i hate to be the first person to question this thread due to my history, but i got 2 questions. I agree wit everything else but i question the only brushing 1 1/2 hours a day. If thats the case then i need to pull back on my brushing by 40%. And the only other thing i question is washin hair every couple of days.....i was told by some dt members (cant remember, it wuz when i first joined) to wash everyother week??

Cheater,
Do you wash every other week, cuz if so how does your hair feel? Is it soft, itchy etc? I usually wash every day and apply new moisturizer and pomade daily. What about ya'll?
and1mildsauce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote and1mildsauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:56pm
CAN'T U JSU WASH UR **** EVERY DAY.. I D0NT WANNA B ALL NASTY N **** AL SCH00L...NIGAGS MAKIN FUN 0F ME N ****..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:56pm

wtf you need to f#ck of cause you wont to start sh!t **** lets go start**** cause if you talk **** i swear i will end the sh!t mad so f#ck off ncca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheater Of Da Year (2004) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:56pm
damn, but my ish is strugglin and i brush brolickly, 3 hours at home and at work on my breaks. Could i really be brushin too much????....i aint know there was such a thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:57pm

wtf you need to f#ck of cause you wont to start sh!t **** lets go start**** cause if you talk **** i swear i will end the sh!t mad so f#ck off ncca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLAYA2K4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLAYA2K4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by ADIAMOND08 ADIAMOND08 wrote:

Originally posted by Cheater Of Da Year (2004) Cheater Of Da Year (2004) wrote:

Cheater,
Do you wash every other week, cuz if so how does your hair feel? Is it soft, itchy etc? I usually wash every day and apply new moisturizer and pomade daily. What about ya'll?
I wash everyday....and put in pomade and moisturizer daily too. I dont know how yall can go with washing hair for a week or two, but i always clean my hair while i shower and bruch while i shower
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 5:01pm

I'm so scared.
I hope you're proud of yourself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheater Of Da Year (2004) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 5:01pm
damn, guess its time for me to start too

BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by and1mildsauce and1mildsauce wrote:

CAN'T U JSU WASH UR **** EVERY DAY.. I D0NT WANNA B ALL NASTY N **** AL SCH00L...NIGAGS MAKIN FUN 0F ME N ****..

If you're going heavy on the pomade...wash daily. But for the most part my hair has only shea butter or BM in most days.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic