Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Round face/bob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round face/bob
    Posted: July 08 2006 at 6:42pm
Hi,

I'm thinking of cutting my hair (It has grown out to about shoulder length now)

but I wanted general opinions in what length bob best goes with a round face - I really struggle because every hairstyle I like seems to have a model with a heart shaped face.

Thanks
"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 7:12pm
I would think that a chin length would be the least desirable, because the hair would be highlighting the roundness of the face.  A longer one should really lengthen the face.  A shorter than chin-length might work well, too though, depending on the individual.
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 12:20am
What Anne wrote is logical. Go very short with your hair or a longer bob hairstyle. If you go short with your hair, go to a good beauty salon and have them suggest a style that would work well for you. I am sure they would have some good suggestions for short hairstyles.
Brent
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 5:25am

I have no problem with a round face and a bob, but I also had a crush on Velma from "Scooby-Doo", so yeah. . . take that as you will. . .

More awesome than a manatee!
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by anne6000 anne6000 wrote:

I would think that a chin length would be the least desirable, because the hair would be highlighting the roundness of the face.  A longer one should really lengthen the face.  A shorter than chin-length might work well, too though, depending on the individual.

To help compensate for a round face with a chin length bob you could part your hair on the side to give my height to the hair and the overall sillhouette would appear oval....aka the ideal shape.
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 3:05pm
Thanks for all the replies!

I have had it cut so it is between my shoulders and my chin and it I think I like it.  I am still experimenting with styling it at the moment, I want to try and get it looking like Keira Knightley at the Pirates of the Carribean premiere without having several stylists!
"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic