Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Disrespectful People

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disrespectful People
    Posted: January 07 2007 at 7:10pm
Me and my friend have P.E together. She had blonde hair that is past her elbows. My hair is almost at the bottom of my bra.

Our coach had us doing situps and she did not have a ponytail holder so she put one hand behind her hed and held her hair over her shoulder with the other. He walked by and rather rudly asked
"Is there some reason you have to hold your hair?"

Her hair is so long that even if she pulled it back she would still be laying on it and it gets so tangly when you keep setting up on it.
March 2007:

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 8:41pm
Perhaps he expected that your friend would have had the foresight to be prepared for physical activity, including having a ponytail holder to restrain her hair during the class.  A reasonable expection, I think.  She might want to consider braiding her hair before P.E. class.

That said, I think he was rather harsh and unforgiving. Angry

Edited by DaveDecker - January 07 2007 at 8:43pm
Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 3:32am
I remember the PE teachers yelling at us larger-chested girls for running with our hands crossed across our chests. No one had heard of sports bras back then, or at least, didn't tell us about them. This led to a longtime hatred of running, which I now, thanks to high tech supportive garments, have learned to really enjoy.

I agree she might have tried a braid, but sometimes when you are in high school, you want to do your own thing... ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic