Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my site
    Posted: August 18 2007 at 1:40am
I've been working on my site, trying to get my newest pics up.  I'm trying something new, a how-to slide show type thing.  Check it out and let me know what you think about it.  Is it good or do you like the other way (the barrel curl how-to done previously) better?
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 9:47am

It looks the same to me,Sarah. Only the new pic is different. Am I missing something?

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 6:50pm

Sorry about that Alisa.  I don't know what the problem is.  Here's a direct link, maybe it'll work for you. 

sarah
40 inches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 11:11pm
I haven't had time to get my new pics fully uploaded and set up on my site yet, so thought I'd go ahead and post a few on here for y'all.  (it's alot faster)

This first one shows the difference from the time I started my dedicated long hair journey till now.  (I'm wearing the exact same outfit in both pics)

You can't really see where my hair ends in the one above, so here's one that shows the full stretched out length.

And here's one from the front showing my bangs.

Edited by hairbraider - September 20 2007 at 10:42pm
sarah
40 inches
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 11:25pm
 Clapping%20Hands Beautiful, simply beautiful.  I am dreaming of my hair that long.  I can tell you take wonderful care of it.  Your hair is truly an inspiration to me.

SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 1:36pm
i love your hair and you can really tell the growth! your curl factor is very similar to mine!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 3:14pm
     Big%20smile Those coiled up-dos are off the charts! Bob
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 4:25pm

Sarah, YOUR FACE!!!!
beautiful hair though
Flirty%202

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 7:52pm
Kimbearly~
Thank you!  It's awesome to be someone's inspiration.  I don't really care for having my face on the internet (still a little paranoid about that).  I did a face shot as my avatar because it's so little you can't really tell much what I look like.

SugarCube~
Thanks.  If I remember correctly, there's about 10-11 inches difference in those two pics!

Bob~
lol  Glad you like them!  You should give it a try on your wife. Wink

Edited by hairbraider - August 25 2007 at 7:53pm
sarah
40 inches
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 1:27am
Beautiful! Glad you finally got some new pics up Wink
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 10:37am

Absolutly gorgeous, Sarah!lolabove  All your hard work is deffinetly showing.I can not wait for some length like that. I don't like to post my face either. Everyone hear seams to be alright, but you just never know when some wierdo might be watching, and the inernet is still a scary place.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 2:49pm

Weirdos beware - I am one tough cookie! 
Actually, I am hoping Cover Girl finds me and offers me a million dollar contract.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 5:32pm
You always make me laugh, Kimbearly!LOL

Sarah, I am still somewhat shocked at how simlar our hair is. Yours is just a little bit tighter curl than mine, I think. And mine seems to go a bit straighter on top. Mabye if I didn't comb it as much.... Hmmmm 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 7:39am
That's a great website Sarah, and I enjoyed seeing your hair toys!  Do you use the porcupine quills as hairsticks or some kind of pin?  They look too short to be sticks, but they are pretty.    
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 8:48am
Hairbraider,
OH my goodness, I LOVE the box for your hair toys!Star After I read Susan's post, I checked out your site again.What a great idea. I am always loosing clips and barrets. I have a small basket in my bathroom that I use at the present, but somehow between my daughter helping herself, and my sticking things in my purse or bag, something always ends up missing.

I also  am just  fasinated by the braids!lolabove Do you know of a good book, or site w/ instructions? I can french braid very well. My aunt taught me when I was 5 yrs old, but,  have gotten quite bored with "normal" french braiding. I do my daughter's hair all the time.As it get longer ( it is almost to the middle of her back)I plan on putting it up more.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

That's a great website Sarah, and I enjoyed seeing your hair toys!  Do you use the porcupine quills as hairsticks or some kind of pin?  They look too short to be sticks, but they are pretty.    

Thanks, Susan!  You guys enjoying looking is what makes it worthwhile to me.Smile
Yes, I do use the quills as hairsticks.  I have to use both of them to get a secure hold because they're so short.  It's a bummer too because not much of the ends are visible, nearly the whole sticks are hidden inside my hair.  My friend who bought them online for me ordered longer ones, but that's what came and they didn't answer my email about it, so.......   I do love them though because they're so unique.
sarah
40 inches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

Hairbraider,
OH my goodness, I LOVE the box for your hair toys! ...
I also  am just  fasinated by the braids!  Do you know of a good book, or site w/ instructions? ...

Alisa, I don't know if you noticed, but my box is a fishing tackle box. LOL  It's so perfect with all the little compartments to keep things separated out.   My sister-in-law uses one of those little craft boxes for beads or embroidery thread to hold small clips and rubber bands and barettes for my niece.  I had too much stuff for that though.

A great site for braid instructions is www.dreamweaverbraiding.com.  That's where I learned alot of my techniques.  I've gotten way out of practice though really.  I don't braid my own hair much anymore and the girls who always used to ask me to do theirs don't hang around anymore.  I need to get back into it because I so enjoy doing it.
sarah
40 inches
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 8:06pm
Sarah, I look at your site many times - and drool!  I want hair like yours - like now!!!  I also appreciate all of the hair tricks you post - such as how you take care of your hair.
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 8:29am
Your hair is simply gorgeous, hairbraider!  I love the curls with all that length.  Thanks for doing the picture of it stretched out too.  It's hard to tell the actual length stretched out without seeing that picture.  A wet hair picture would be nice too and would show it if you could capture it before it coiled up again.  It looks like your in the bum tickling club!

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 11:07am

I want to be in the bum tickling club! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic