Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

advice for a nervous 2nd go round!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elise0305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elise0305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice for a nervous 2nd go round!
    Posted: October 29 2007 at 7:40am
Hey all! i posted in the introduction section.. and am coming str8t for the part im after....lol

here is my Story/Dilemma/tragedy...lmao

im guesing about 1yr or so ago...I decided to grab 2 boxes (for extremely type 4A long curly hair)of born blonde ultra and went at it for 60 minutes... lifted to a almost a pastel orange, then 1 week later put 20vol+mega blonde something on it to help... well STILL had orange...so i gave it up for a month.. yea i kno AWFUL. dyed it a dark brown redken color, then about 6 months later dyed it brown again... which is now all faded etc.., i have also trimmed my hair a few times...

so i kno as a base color .. im still orange correct? and right now i feel that my hair was very badly damaged by the bleaching THEN... and now its not 100% but its much healthier for sure... so how can i go about my platinum status i am so desiring!? any help would so be greatful!
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2007 at 7:08pm
Grow it out, then bleach to pale yellow.

Have you tried to add highlights with a milder bleach and then start bleaching the roots and blending it all?  I've seen that done before. 

Rebekah
laughinginterro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laughinginterro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2007 at 7:56pm
Rebekah has good advice.

Also, you may be able to get to platinum gradually.  Rather than bleach it platinum in one go, get it to a 7 or 8 and, every few months, lughten the ends another level.  It takes some time, but it works and gives your hair some time to repair in between lightening.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic