Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair has radically changed - HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trishymouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trishymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair has radically changed - HELP!
    Posted: May 21 2004 at 3:29pm
I am a 45 year old woman who for most of my life, until recently, had thick, naturally curly hair. Hairdressers marveled, men swooned, etc., etc. Now, in the last 2 years or so, my hair has thinned so much, it’s TOO thin. Also, in the front, it’s to the point it’s almost so thin you could call it on the edge of balding. My hair is more brittle, dryer, and the curl is all but gone. I don’t use hair dryers, didn’t need and don’t use permanents. I’m kind to my hair. But I really HATE my hair now. Nothing looks good. Cuts to make it look fuller fall flat. It’s lifeless. Help!

P.S.: I am not on birth control any longer, but once was. I have had my thyroid checked. No problems there the doctor claims.
LisainCalif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisainCalif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 1:10am
Peri-menopause will do this to your hair--and you are right at the age for it. My friend who is 43 is going through exactly the same thing. She is always complaining about it being very dry (and frizzy) and hair loss now.

Do a google search on menopause and hair loss, and you will come up with lots of info on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic