Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Victor ( Maybe I should have said French braids bellong to French people , teasing)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Victor ( Maybe I should have said French braids bellong to French people , teasing)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Victor ( Maybe I should have said French braids bellong to French people , teasing)
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:40pm
Dear Victor,I think your comment is funny comparing me to your dauthers but the only difference is that I am 37 years old okay.I really felt the french braid was very special to me because I am french . ON your topic of curves ( laughing) I agree with you . Plus I don't think its silly for you guys to wear a french braid and when I do I usually tie a nice ribbon or have baby breathes so its still very special to me okay.Oh I am not at all selfish and I seriously don't think that wanting femine things and keeping feminne things alive is selfish. It is called being a woman okay and that is well the market targets us females for wanting to be feminine. I used to sell fashion as a rep and I fought hard to keep this unisex thing down but the comment I keep getting is that the market wants to make more money so unisex is the way. I am very sad to feel that our feminity is threathen in many ways . Never mind the braid thing but look at hair . We long hair females have a fight on our hands to keep our hair . You sound interesting and I did like your pictures. Who has the thickest braid you or your wife?????
Longfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:41pm
Hi Diane, I tend to agree with your comments on male vs. female styles. While I wouldn't write a nasty note to a man wanting to braid his hair, I find french braids much more appealing on a woman. I also regret that we would lose one more way for women to look uniquely beautiful!Yeah I know it's a societal thing....I have no problem with a man wearing his hair long, but if its styled like Jennifer Aniston for example, that's a bit weird! French braids are the same thing - let women have a look that says feminity without being "borrowed" by a male!Karen has some gallery pics of very long haired women with loosely done french braids - they are absolutely fantastic! I live in the southeast U.S. and almost never see a woman with her hair done this way. Too bad!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic