Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hairloss due to anorexia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
merri View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hairloss due to anorexia
    Posted: January 18 2000 at 4:12pm
Can anyone tell me if my hairloss is due to a 2 year battle with anorexia 6 years ago? I used to have very thick hair. i stopped eating when I was 15 and off and on till 17. I lost lots of hair during that time. Now I'm well and have been eating a very healthy diet for 4 years and my hair is still shedding a little.Does anyone know about this problem and what I can do about it?
Thank you
moody8 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moody8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2000 at 5:14pm
I cant help you on what to do about it, I just wanted to let you know I was looking for the same answer. I am 27, and the anorexia started at 15, its off and on, regardless my hair never recovered, and my hair used to be thick and long, and now it hardly grows without breaking off. Goodluck, if you find any answers please let me know!
booboo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2000 at 10:08pm
because you were not getting enough vitamins in you body and the way your hair looks has alot to do with what you eat
amy4766 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy4766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2000 at 3:08pm
have you talked to your doctors about this, ask about som stong supplements or something like rogain
pmw View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2001 at 9:39am
I also battled anorexia, and lost hair - a lot of it. My hair was quite thick as achild. Some of it grew back, not all of it, even though I eat very healthfully. My dermatologist recommended I use Rogaine 5%, which I do and have noticed some results - however, it can be quite irritating tothe scalp and therefore, I don`t use it for the recommended 2X per day.
Its been about 6 years now since then (I am 23) and I am afraid my hair will never be thicK!
tigress1414 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigress1414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 3:39pm

I went through the same thing when i was 19-21....used to have thin, curly hair...but i had a lot of it.  When I had anorexia, I would wake up and my pillow was covered in hair.  That's when I realized that I had a problem and worked at fixing it.  When I did get back to a normal diet, my hair was a lot thinner and straight.  I then went on minovral (bcp) and the curls came back.  However, after stopping minovral, I ended up right where I left off.  I was actually thinking of using Ultratress hair extensions....anybody try that?  I am just worried that rather than covering up a problem, it will actually create a bigger problem.  Any opinions?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic