Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shower Filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rainfrogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainfrogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower Filter
    Posted: August 20 2005 at 5:18pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you own a shower filter? I am going to get one in a couple weeks, says it removes all the bad stuff from water (and my water is bad). Just wondering if it really makes a difference to hair/skin? Thanks!

Tracy

Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 6:13pm
I'm very curious about this as well...

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 11:16pm
bumpity bump!!
Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 10:53am
What brand/type are you looking at? My husband and I have discussed a filter since the plumbing in the house is 80 years old. We'd like to run all new plumbing eventually, but in the interim, filters on the shower and faucets would work as well.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:39pm
Hi Rainfrogg,

If your water is hard, a filter should help.  Also, diluted vinegar rinses at the conclusion of your S&C help eliminate some of the minerals that would otherwise linger on your strands and make them dull.
rainfrogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainfrogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 8:31pm
I will be purchasing the Aquasana shower filter ( I guess the best one) It's about $80?  For some reason the ACV rinses don't really do much for my hair at all? I dont know why. Just the other day I used the Vo5 kiwi clarifying shampoo on all my hair and that did the trick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic