Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

manic panic bleach *PICTURE*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: manic panic bleach *PICTURE*
    Posted: October 16 2005 at 5:13am

alright well as some of u might remember, i have blonde hair but i let my roots grow to about 1 inch or 1 1/2 so it looked ugly.. i knew i wanted the roots to match the rest of my hair and if possible.. get my whole hair lighter.. as many of you, i was basically through with otc bleaches so i decided to go to sallys. i bought 2 boxes of the manic panic flash lighting kit vol.30 (since my hair is a lil long).

from my old experiences with otc bleaches, my roots would never bleach out completly and would stay light orange.. so hoping all the goth chicks at another board where right about how it gets there hair so light they can use the bright color hair dyes ect ect lol i did a strand test.

about 40 minutes past and from root to tip it was light light blonde.. i couldnt belive how well the job it did on my roots and how the color of the whole thing was matching each other. so i applyed it to my whole head and almost 2 hours later (thats the most they recommend on the box) my hair was blonde blonde.. yea it has hints of yellow but nothing a toner cant fix.. i do recommend it.

Edited by ammonia
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 9:51am

your hair looks great :D

So what bleaches did you use to use before? and how long did you leave them on?, you know it can take up to 90 minutes to reach pale yellow or sometimes 2 bleachings..

What's your natural color?, I assume dark brown.. I don't think your hair looks that much yellow at all :) But what toner do you plan on using?

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 10:23am

well my natural hair color is dark brown and i had dyed it as red as i could with dark brown hair to begin with, so i was left with dark red hair.. it was so hardddd to take out the red once i decided to go blonde! anyways these are the steps i took.

1. i bleached it first with a otc bleach "clairol born blonde blue"
  2. i added "l'oreal toner refiner" and it didnt do anything.
  3. applyed some "garnier XL blonde" dye low ammonia or something and it didnt do anything! 
  4. i bleached my whole head again with "feria extra bleach blonde" and it left my hair a lighter orange/yellow.
  5. i colored my hair "blondissm extra light ash blonde" and it did cool down the orange tones which was good.
  6. dyed it with that same extra light ash blonde dye for about 2 more times in a month.
  7. let my hair grow about an inch lol and finally as you can see after like 3 months i bleached it again with this "manic panic flash lightening vol.30" it really did the job.. covered the roots and everything.. im sticking with this every time i need my roots re-done.

yea my hair is a bit damaged of course but i use extensions anyways so its like whatevers lol as long as it doesnt fall off or feel like hay then its fine with me.. i deep condition 2-3 times a week and my hair has stuck with me thru all these trials and errors lol. i dont know what toner to use, i will be going to sallys tho but if anyone can recommend me some then thank you. im going for the pale blonde " E! girls next door" look lol. 

Edited by ammonia
malibubabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibubabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 11:10am
wow that looks awesome, I want my hair to look like that. Is that without the toner? I wanna go buy that bleach stuff right now, hah. btw I love that show, Girls Next Door. I like Kendra's hair the most
Emilie
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 5:00pm

yea this is as it is right now just after being bleached.. no toner yet. and yes, i love kendras hair too is so nice.. that was my main inspiration to take a chance on the whole bleach thing again lol.

Edited by ammonia
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 6:03pm
I wish. Us poor canaidans can't get any of that stuff locally. Sucks to be me! But  the color you have right now Ammonia is exactly what I've been trying to get. I'ver pretty much did everything you have done, but I can't get Manic Panic except over the interent. Meh... oh woe is me.

Looks awesome!

~* Bambi Lee *~
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 6:30pm
 thank you girl.. after trying for a while i got it.. i wish u the best and hopefully u can get some manic panic so u can get what u want too.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 10:11pm
bambi id be more than happy to buy it for you and send it to you. bm me if your interested.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 1:11am
How sweet  this is a great board...btw ammonia ur hair looks truly delicious!
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 8:20am
thank you all.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 11:29am
is it cheap? how much does it cost. I could mostl ikely buy it online. I just am, so scared of doing so. Manica Panic Bleach hey? I am scared of that too. I don't want orange hair taht's all. I've been through that already. BAH!...
I'll go check it out. Was it a poweder Ammonia?

~* Bambi Lee *~
FabulousHairExt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabulousHairExt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 1:29pm
Bambilee here is the manic panic store http://www.manicpanic.biz/ct_CGflashlightning_bleachkits.htm
fyi I know my spelling sux!
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by Bambilee Bambilee wrote:

is it cheap? how much does it cost. I could mostl ikely buy it online. I just am, so scared of doing so. Manica Panic Bleach hey? I am scared of that too. I don't want orange hair taht's all. I've been through that already. BAH!...
I'll go check it out. Was it a poweder Ammonia?

it was like $6.49 where i bought it (sallys).. its real cheap online too.. i dont think your hair will turn orange if you already passed that stage.. (its cause i see your hair color looks ashy).. this was my 3rd bleaching job and it turned out real good. and yes, it comes with a powder.. but you shouldnt be scared, i mean im proof it worked.

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 2:36pm
oh besides, it comes with all the instructions and its easy to use.. u just mix and it even comes with gloves, hair cap, a mixing tray, a mixing comb thingy.. so i was happy it had everything u need.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 12:11pm
Really?   Okay, i'm going to go check it out and then see and then order it. My hair should be fine. I will most likely have lots of breakage, but I want my hair shoreter anyways... Rockin!
Thanks ou guys!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 12:19pm
Oh I can order it, it just takes longer cause they have to ship it by land. So a car... anywhoo. It'll only cost me like 20 bucks for two boxes.
I think I'll get vol 30... its that right?
~* Bambi Lee *~
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 1:45pm

yea i got vol. 30.. they have vol. 40 but i read somewhere that is only for those who have healthy hair lol so i didnt buy it cause i have bleached alot already and i was "scureed" lol

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:13pm
Yeah I've bleached mine lots too. Too many to count. However I'm having trouble ordering from one of the sites. Everytime I get up enough nerve to buy something online it get's all screwed up for me. I gotta figure this out.
I want Platinum hair!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:14pm
It says they can't ship to Alaska, Hawaii or outside the US... argh, can anyoen find me another site I can order from? Help!
~* Bambi Lee *~
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 2:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic