Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is your favorite hair accessory?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your favorite hair accessory?
    Posted: January 12 2006 at 7:35pm
Hi all!I am posting this because I'm still searching for something beautiful to wear in my hair when it is up! I am dying to know what others love to wear in their hair. Also, do you use pretty ribbon for braids, etc? So, right now I guess my favorite hair accessory is an old tortoise shell (real I'm afraid) bun holder that my mom gave me several years ago that she wore for years. I love it for the sentimental value. But I'm still on the lookout for something a little more jewelry-like (LadyFrog, I still love that beautiful hair clip you stole from your mum!)
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 8:05pm
My favourite hair accessory is probably the most usefull one as I chose them all very plain and simply black. I'd say the ficcare  I do my bun with and the little scrunchie I tie on my braids end. I used to have a very lovely black and shiny barrette that I got a lot of compliments from but my hair broke it  I got one more from the store and I broke it again. It just wasn't meant for me 

Hair type: 2cM/Ciii
Length: thighes
Growing as far as it goes...
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 4:01am
Plain tortoiseshell concord clip which I am going to decorate with beads soon :)

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 10:54am

MissRini: I saw that lovely updo in another post - was that the clip? Show us the beadwork when you're done. You are such a good artist, it would be great to see your handiwork on the clip. Have fun!

Sorun: So sorry you lost that beautiful barrette! I have had that same thing happen too.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 1:50pm

my favorites are resinated hardwood hairsticks, and a hardwood hairfork.

If you're looking for something jewelrylike, have you looked at Victoria's Jewelry Box?

my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 2:50pm
Oooooooooooooooh hard choice. I love that clip that I nicked off my mum. I love my black and silver hair sticks. And my concorde clips. And my hairagami (not really a hair prety but...).

Nope, I'm going to have to go for mum's clip. Just so pretty!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
amy2439 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy2439 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 1:50pm
Check E-Bay for hair accessories! Found vintage ones also!
Ruth Ann
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 3:17pm
Lots of possibilities here.  Specific choices within the "Shop by Category" drop-down list...
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 9:50am
Got a new one. I got another of mum's old clips but this one's even prettier-it's kind of like a fan or a peac*cks tail shape and it's all blues and greens and pearlised bits. Hold my hair nicely too 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 12:49pm
Hey LadyFrog! When you put your hair up in your new pretty clip, can you show us a photo? Enjoy the new accessory. Thanks everyone for all the ideas. I am getting paid this week, and I'm going to buy myself something (or maybe two things!) for my hair. At last I can bun it and almost French Twist it!!!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 10:56am
I'll put up a new sig piccy with the clip next time I wash my hair

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 4:21pm
New sig piccy has arrived 

Here's a close up of the clip for you

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:14pm
Beautiful clip, LadyFrog... and gorgeous shiny hair!

THUD!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 1:44pm
Ahh, thank you Dave

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 2:01pm
So very pretty, LadyFrog!!
dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 2:33pm
My favorites are some titanium hairsticks from Argus Designs.
Unfortunately, they're on hiatus due to military service, so you can't buy
from them right now.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 9:23pm
Ladyfrog, Wowzers! That's a purdy clip  It looks great with your shiny CO hair
my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 8:33am
Thank you

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 7:17am
I too love the clip!  (bowing and honoring the clip)

I'm a collector of hair accessories and I don't know if I could choose any one of them as my favorite...I DO love the hair accessories....  There is this one that is called a hair pick, (which is a hair stick but with 2 metal wavy sticks instead of one).  I like it because it securely holds both a braided bun and a french twist without need for bobby pins.  The decoration is a flower design on the end with some diamondy looking rhinestones.

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 1:25pm

It depends upon my mood, but one of my favorite hair accessories was an old banana clip I have.

Before everyone groans on how 80s banana clips are, I have to defend it.  Always found it very comfortable to wear this way - less pulling than with a hair tie and I love the cascade effect a banana clip lends the hair.  Unfortunately age takes its toll and it is wearing to the point where it won't hold hair any more.  Yes, they still make and sell banana clips, but they are not the right kind.  Either the clip must be made of rigid plastic with a tight hold, or the teeth have to be that eyelet-style.  The current ones on the market are those softer plastic ones with single-prong teeth and they never hold well.

Other than that, I also like these really thick pony tail holders I found (Goody makes them).   They are thick elastic bands that make a nice pronounced pony tail.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic