Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

feeling depressed over something stupid!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: feeling depressed over something stupid!!!!!
    Posted: June 20 2003 at 4:07pm
hi everyone. i'm depress over something stupid! i wento the mall with my husband. big mistake! they had redken buy the conditioner get the shampoo half price! at the beauty supply. i'm so sad i been wanting to try the all soft and the long one. i don't have the money as usual..sigh... i feel so STUPID though! it's ONLY SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! i feel so superfishal! worst yet after my husband went to the bank to get money out for himself.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 5:20pm
It's ok, it'll be allright.. Our hair is part of ourselves and we want the best for it; for others it may be just shampoo and conditioner, but for people who take good care of their hair, it's an investment..

Just so you know, I've been dissapointed that my local salon hasn't gotten another batch of their Redken products, so I may not be able to try any for a while.. I'm with you there...
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 8:53pm
Oh Monica! **hug**

I feel guilty after I buy expensive shampoo and conditioner, too. (Which is too often, really.) My husband works to save money and doesn't buy stuff he wants... and then I blow it on S + C.

And incidentally, I've changed my mind about So Long... it has Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate as a main ingredient, which Lyris' ingredient list says is harsh. So it's just a disappointment.

If you feel like splurging some time though, I think All Soft is worth it. Lyris had once suggested some lower priced alternatives, but I forget what they were called. Some of them were from Sally's Beauty Supply, I recall.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 9:01pm
Monica!!!
Don't you know you have the power young lady?!!!

Ok,..... it sounds like your husband has the bucks in your house. If you want a little money for shampoo, conditioner, whatever, it doesn't cost very much for that stuff, just ask him for a few bucks! Tell him you need it to look beautiful for him!

And if that doesn't work, nibble his ear a little, get him turned on, use your feminine guiles! C'mon girl, it is EASY to manipulate most men-(on a certain level no matter how sophisticated they think they are, they are still dumb, hor.ny animals! You know that! tee hee!!!)-.

If all else fails, with hold sex from him until he buys you your shampoo and conditioner. After all, you are not asking him for a new expensive fur coat and diamond earrings!!!-(although that would be nice too!!!!)-.

C'mon Monica, do your "female" thing, manipulate the poor sucker, he is just a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
............. you have the power!!!!!
tina
LetGoMommyHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetGoMommyHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 9:26pm
Tina,

Even though you are "joking"...I find your suggestions offensive..and I'm a woman!

Just thought you'd like to know.

LetGo...sweetie...let go of mommy's hair...
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 9:48pm
Yes "Mommy's hair", I was joking. I was trying to lighten Monica's mood a little, when someone is feeling a little down in the dumps, some silliness can help. So lighten up a little please.

.....By the same token though,... truthfully speaking,- if women really want to manipulate men they actually can,.....-(as every woman has from time to time, if she is honest with herself)-.

.....and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it depends when and how we use our "feminine charms".

Have a nice evening.

tina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 9:49pm
Yeah I agree. Although not in the same way.

While I'd also say that men are totally manipulatable, (Dumb Sticks as they said on Ally McBeal) I think it's kind of rude to assume Monica would stoop to such tactics. She's clearly too good a person and wife to do that to her husband. And from her talk about him, he seems to be too good a guy to do that to.

But your post is kinda funny, Tina. :) Don't mean to make you feel bad. I often stick my neck out and say what I feel and then get stepped on by others. (Not here though! No one steps on me here. :) Although my thread on flip-flops being for the shower only did shut the shoe board up for several days. I must've offended some people there.)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 9:59pm
I know SuperGrover, Monica is a very sweet lady. I know she would NEVER manipulate her husband, who I am sure is a VERY NICE man.

I keep forgetting that many people are sweet, lovable, "nice" sorts.

These days I'm living in a middle class suburb with my little girl . I guess I have to be sweet, nice, and non-manipulative now too!!!

What an adjustment!.....I wonder if I can ? -(tee hee hee!!!!)-.
tina
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 9:58am
I don't think Monica's husband meant anything bad, either. We all get tunnel vision every now and again.

But Monica, I hope you didn't do what I do all too often and said "nothing" if he noticed something was wrong! And listen to Purple; she's absolutely right; it'll be okay! It's just a temporary disappointment, all your loving hair-care isn't going to go away overnight for the want of some S&C!

I don't think you're being a bit superficial. It bites to feel broke! That's when you need the little luxuries the most, IMHO.

Peace,

Jean

Purple, did you get a new avatar? Love the flower!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 11:30am
thanks all you guys! i told my mom about the redken being on sale. she spoils her brat [me] and bought it for me i was suprised about the ''so long'' being harsh. infact supergrover i was going to tell you about the shampoo. having harsh detergent. i got the conditioner of''so long'' i got ''all soft s&c i don't mean for my huband to sound mean. he just doen't understand abut s&c. plus we have bills to pay. tima m i know you were only joking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 12:07pm
also hugs to everyone that replied.
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 4:04pm
That's what moms are for, right? I'm so glad they never stop being moms. Well, 99.9% of the time I'm glad!

I love a happy ending. Talk to ya later.

Jean

uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 7:03pm
Hi Monica

Sorry I am late replying - life is crazily busy these days.

When I read your original post I just wanted to hop on a plane, grab you and take you on a shopping trip to buy you loads of stuff.

Glad your Mom was there for you - she sounds so wonderful .

You know, I have heaps of s&c that I am going to swap for some other stuff at a girly party in a couple of weeks.
I have also swapped hair stuff over the net at LHC (perhaps we could set something up on the HB boards - what do you think, Dave?).
It's a great way to get new stuff for virtually nothing - I recommend it.

Hugs and Kisses,
Uzi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

Hi Monica

Sorry I am late replying - life is crazily busy these days.

When I read your original post I just wanted to hop on a plane, grab you and take you on a shopping trip to buy you loads of stuff.

Glad your Mom was there for you - she sounds so wonderful .

You know, I have heaps of s&c that I am going to swap for some other stuff at a girly party in a couple of weeks.
I have also swapped hair stuff over the net at LHC (perhaps we could set something up on the HB boards - what do you think, Dave?).
It's a great way to get new stuff for virtually nothing - I recommend it.

Hugs and Kisses,

aww uzma that is SO sweet of you! my mom is a very wonderful. i am VERY lucky to have a mother like her. not just because she buys me things, she is there for me no matter what. we can talk for HOURS.
i think you have a great idea for the board!
hugs and kisses back,
monica

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 10:09am
My mom spoils me too! She and my dad are really responsible for this new computer I am typing on right now. :)

I like the idea of the product trade. I've been thinking of selling my old stuff on eBay. I dunno if I'd feel right swapping it with any of you though, because it's all stuff I don't like and/or has harsh ingredients in it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 11:32pm
Monica! How do you like the All Soft??

And my mommy continues to spoil me. We just went to a James Taylor concert last week, and afterwards spent the night at an inn on a lake, and the next day went out on a boat! And then today again we went on a different boat! I'm such a spoiled girl.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 11:39pm
Monica, I mean no disrespect for you at all, but I'm very confused. How can you afford three surgeries for breast enhancement yet not afford shampoo/conditioner? Something simply doesn't seem quite right.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Jennifer Jennifer wrote:

Monica, I mean no disrespect for you at all, but I'm very confused. How can you afford three surgeries for breast enhancement yet not afford shampoo/conditioner? Something simply doesn't seem quite right.

JENIFER NUMBER 1. THIS IS A HAIR BOARD! NUMBER 2. BULL! YOU DO MEAN TO OFFEND ME! YOU COULD OF BMAIL ME. DID IT EVER OCCUR THAT WAS YEARS AGO! PEOPLE MONEY SITUATIONS CHANGES!

supergrover- i like it alot. i like the ''so long'' conditioner very much too
i didn't buy the ''so long'' shampoo because the harsh detergant. how was your concert?
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 12:41am
Monica, you posted publicly about having breast enhancement surgery three times on the hair board. I'm not divulging anything that was said privately.

And no, I really don't mean to offend you at all. But I simply don't understand how people can spend a large amount of money on cosmetic surgery yet not have enough money for essentials like shampoo.

It seems to me (and I've done it too!) that we don't "save for a rainy day." We spend what we want here and now and don't think about necessities in the future.

Please understand that it is quite odd for us to hear how someone can afford major cosmetic surgery (not something that will save a life) not once, not twice, but three times, yet not afford something that costs a minute fraction of that elective surgey.

Ultimately, we all have to lie in the beds that we make. For better or for worse! But we also need to understand why we are where we are.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 12:44am
LOL. Only on an internet board can you shift gears from shouting at one person to calmly talking to another so quickly. It's kind of funny.

But I agree... Jennifer, the question is kind of rude and inappropriate. For all you know, the surgery was covered by insurance for some reason. But even if it wasn't, yes, money situation does sadly change. If only I had the expendible income today that I used to have. (Why didn't I save more back then?)

The concert was great! Thanks for asking. I like James Taylor very much. So soft and sweet. But I think I liked the boat trip even better! I got to jump off the boat into the lake water! I haven't swum in fresh water in who knows how long. It was devine!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic