Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Surprise Christmas Pixie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NikkiJay101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiJay101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surprise Christmas Pixie
    Posted: December 19 2010 at 3:50pm
My hair had been long all my life - nearly waist length - however I was told a couple of weeks ago that due to too much home colouring I needed to have at least 8" cut off. My boyfriend and I started looking through hair mags for styles. My boyfriend found the attached link and half joking and half serious suggested that's how I should cut my hair. He said as a positive all my dyed hair would be shorn off!!!

http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/gallery/Tom_Carson_2004_D2_050.JPG

Yesterday we walked through the snow to the salon and I had it all cut off. My hair is sooooo short, but the stylist did a perfect job and I'm so thrilled with how I look. I'm totally unrecognisable from my long hair past, my boyfriend said he wouldn't have recognised me if he hadn't watched it being cut off.

I haven't told my mother yet, and I'm due to arrive at my parents (home) for Christmas on Christmas Eve - all my grand parents, aunts, uncles, brothers etc will already be there. So do i warn them about my dramatic new look before or turn up as a surprise Christmas Pixie?

[IMG]smileys/smiley17.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by NikkiJay101 - December 19 2010 at 4:04pm
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2010 at 4:39pm
I say go for the surpise. Shock them all.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2010 at 5:35pm
Well the link is a beautiful cut...if you look any where close to the model, your boyfriend is one lucky guy.
I say go for the surprise!
Any chance you could post a before and after pic of you?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2010 at 7:25pm
I love surprise Christmas pixies; I'm sure everyone else will too. Love the style you selected and glad that your happy with it.

Edited by HAWG - December 19 2010 at 7:27pm
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiJay101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2010 at 6:03am
My BF was attracted to the cut because he did think the model looked like me, I personally couldn't see it!
It became obvious that this was how he wanted my hair cut but I wasn't so sure. Lots of girls out there are going to start screaming at me now - but I told him that if he came to the salon with me, I'd have my hair cut exactly as he wanted - I love him!
The stylist cut my hair, showed me the finished cut in the mirror - she had left a bit of length in the nape - he had that cut off!
I was thrilled at the result - my eyes, my cheekbones! I have now copied the models makeup, especially eye and I do look like a clone!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2010 at 5:19pm
Wow!
Again, what a lucky guy.
My wife never really cuts it the way I want it...always longer and styled differently.  I wanted to go with her sometime to the salon but definately doesn't want me to go.  Every Christmas, I think maybe this year she will surprise me...I'm sure I will be disappointed again.
Glad things worked out so well for you and your boyfriend.  Tell him he better worship the ground you walk on. Smile
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 12:59pm
Same here loveshorthair! I really love this cut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiJay101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 1:59pm
I surprised my family with my new hairdo at Christmas, everybody loved it - but I got a lot of teasing from my two brothers who have longer hair than me!

I've booked my next appointment for 2 weeks tomorrow which will be 5 weeks since first cut - however after less than 3 weeks its starting to look a bit grown out! The cut is starting to lose its edginess and is looking a bit boyish! It saves me a load of time in the morning but getting my haircut every 4 weeks seems a bit excessive   
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 7:57pm
You'll learn to love getting your haircut eventually and actually look forward to your next visit to the salon.  You could always do the "Full Moon" haircut thing; there's something magical about getting a haircut during a full moon and it occurs every four weeks.
HAWG
baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 8:49pm
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

office
office

ikay ikay
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic