Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed some waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
EldaB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 1:50pm
Ok, how do I brush it on that side. Because the other side is right but I dont know how to brush the right side. How do I go about not breaking the pattern.

I know Its a dumb question. And is nu nile a really thick pomade?

Holla
Elda B
"Holdin It Down In The Aug"
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 1:49pm
Brush more on your weaker sides and don't break the pattern.

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.
EldaB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 1:47pm
I cant get waves on my right side. Everywhere else is bangin can someone help?

Elda B
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 1:07pm
Nu Nile is gonna be close to impossible to find out here. I would probably have to drive all the way to Columbia, It's not that serious to me though. Guess I'll just have to deal with Murray's.

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.
BlackFate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 12:23pm
thats cuz 360 is a light gel like pomade.....u might need suttin thicker lik murrays or dax......but be4 u try them....try nu nile
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 11:42am
When yall first started were you able to feel your waves before you were able to see them? For the most part I can feel them spinning all the way around but the left side is much tighter than the right. Should I use a thicker pomade to lay my hair down or just grow it out and wait for a hair cut.

I use 360 but it seems like not matter how much I use it won't quite lay down.

EldaB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 9:35pm
Yo, I found out that it was the grease I was using. Too Thick any thanks
holla
Elda B
BlackFate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 8:39pm
either pplz b lyin bout their hair sumtimes.....or they dun kno wat 360s is
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 8:27pm
If you have 360's you must be brushin correctly....
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

EldaB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 8:03pm
Can someone help me out!!! I got 360's but I dont know if im brushing wrong or what. My waves look like they're coming out of the top. And the sides are thicker than the top.

Can someone help?
Elda B
513_yungunna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by jeezy jeezy wrote:

O YEA EDOT...
DAWG WHEN I USE A STOCKIN CAP OR WAVE CAP (SAME THING) MY HAIR HAS PERFECT 360'S IN THE MORN...WHEN I BRUSH THEY GO AWAY BUT NOT ON THE FRONT..WHEN I DID IT THIS MORNING THEY STAYED ON THE SIDE..I CANT SEE THE BACK THOUGH...BUT N E WAY..I USE A STOCKIN CAP AND A DU RAG...KUZ STOCKIN CAP BE FALLIN OFF..DU RAG FELL OFF LAST NIGHT 2...**** IS CRAZY

if yo durag iz fallen off eitha u aint tyin right or u got a bad 1
gslim southernboy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 4:42pm
just keep brushing
G Slim
TheEdotKid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2004 at 6:50am
stocin caps and durag are different................ your du rag fell off b/c u didnt tie it firmly... try tieing it like cam ron or nelly.it will we straight...
AOL Screen name TheEdotKid
jeezy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2004 at 6:16am
O YEA EDOT...
DAWG WHEN I USE A STOCKIN CAP OR WAVE CAP (SAME THING) MY HAIR HAS PERFECT 360'S IN THE MORN...WHEN I BRUSH THEY GO AWAY BUT NOT ON THE FRONT..WHEN I DID IT THIS MORNING THEY STAYED ON THE SIDE..I CANT SEE THE BACK THOUGH...BUT N E WAY..I USE A STOCKIN CAP AND A DU RAG...KUZ STOCKIN CAP BE FALLIN OFF..DU RAG FELL OFF LAST NIGHT 2...**** IS CRAZY
jeezy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 9:26pm
lol that was when i started usin the wave cap..when i take it off i have 360 all around and when i brush it stays at the top

but yet...about the backwards brushign..when u start at front of head and brush back..**** rolls up nice but i dunno about walkin around like that, lol..dont work on the rest of my head but the top

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 9:23pm
Ye...It's that Nigga Edotholla. Many people remeber me from the odl days when this forum wasn't so crazy with trafiic. I have decidied to register to the forum cause i think it could use a little help for an O.g with natural Waves.

.:HOW TO GET WAVES STATRED:.CHAPTER 1
So...U wanna know how to really get ur waves listen to this...Its gonna be long(no homo)

The process
-Wash your hair with a good shampoo(if you can plz try not to use soap. Soap causes your hair to dry upo and lose many of it's natural oils.) So try and use a good moisturizing Shampoo...for example Herbal Essenscees, or V05. Then you use the your conditioner. Me personally i leave the conditioner in for about 5 mins so my hair can get real soft(remeber that you are trying to tame your hair. Hair will naturally grow certain waves for ppl of different enthicities). When u are out the shower or u have wet ur hair dry it so that it is Damp..NOT wet. U are trying to make ur hair mositurized not get it wet...So dont listen to ppl that say Keep ur hair wet... they are wrong.

- Now do a Pre-brush with your brush(hard boar recommended for thick hairt that hasn't been cut, and vice versa for short hair). The pre brush will make it ezier when applying the promade. So use a small small amount of promade(which promade to use ill discuss lata) in the palm of your hand. Rub
the promade in ur hand then run it in the directions that ur hair goes.

-Now u want to brush ur hair. I know that all the people that post here tell u that u need to brush. This is a fundamental rule that many people dont do b/c they are lz. You are a fool if u want ur waves to be hot and u dont want to brush. So brush whenever you have some spair time. I do it when i'm listening to music(dipset...harlem 140th) or watching television. Now brush ur hair uniformed and be consistant. If u brush everyday for like an hour at 5....do it everyday. I recommend that if you want the best waves...like ppl that post their
pics...u should brush for 15-20 minutes after applying the promade. See wat the brushing does.. it one trains ur hair but it also heats ur hair up to a degrees making it more managable.

- Now its du rag time... alway use a durag after applying ur promade...don't let it slide and decide to sleep w/o ur rag... You hair will be frizzy and look twisted. So put ur du rag on. Some of the veterans here say use a stockin cap. They are wrong. A stockin cap is for people with braids/cornrows. See a stockin cap lays on ur head instead of pressing on ur head..like a du rag does.

When ur hair
is wet it will dry and contract. The du rag will cause a wave pattern to form as it presses against ur hair. A stock cap doesnt press and ur hair will go back to the way it was b4 u brushed. Ppl with waves tell u this b/c they have had their waves for a while and the stock cap doesnt make a difference to them. But if ur a noobie to the wave game trust me it makes a different. So put on ur du rag and make it tight.....to a point. Dont cut off ur circulation. Go to sleep and then wake up, wet ur brush b4 brushin to loosen up ur hair a little..... brush to bring out the shine and set ur waves stright.......END CHAPTER I

STAY TUNED FOR CHAPTER II... OR INSTANT MESSAGE ME ....AOL SCREEN NAME TheEdotKid.

STAY LOOK FOR POSTS FOR MY NEW WAVE WEB SITE.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 9:19pm
Ye...It's that Nigga Edotholla. Many people remeber me from the odl days when this forum wasn't so crazy with trafiic. I have decidied to register to the forum cause i think it could use a little help for an O.g with natural Waves.

.:HOW TO GET WAVES STATRED:.CHAPTER 1
So...U wanna know how to really get ur waves listen to this...Its gonna be long(no homo)

The process
-Wash your hair with a good shampoo(if you can plz try not to use soap. Soap causes your hair to dry upo and lose many of it's natural oils.) So try and use a good moisturizing Shampoo...for example Herbal Essenscees, or V05. Then you use the your conditioner. Me personally i leave the conditioner in for about 5 mins so my hair can get real soft(remeber that you are trying to tame your hair. Hair will naturally grow certain waves for ppl of different enthicities). When u are out the shower or u have wet ur hair dry it so that it is Damp..NOT wet. U are trying to make ur hair mositurized not get it wet...So dont listen to ppl that say Keep ur hair wet... they are wrong.

- Now do a Pre-brush with your brush(hard boar recommended for thick hairt that hasn't been cut, and vice versa for short hair). The pre brush will make it ezier when applying the promade. So use a small small amount of promade(which promade to use ill discuss lata) in the palm of your hand. Rub
the promade in ur hand then run it in the directions that ur hair goes.

-Now u want to brush ur hair. I know that all the people that post here tell u that u need to brush. This is a fundamental rule that many people dont do b/c they are lz. You are a fool if u want ur waves to be hot and u dont want to brush. So brush whenever you have some spair time. I do it when i'm listening to music(dipset...harlem 140th) or watching television. Now brush ur hair uniformed and be consistant. If u brush everyday for like an hour at 5....do it everyday. I recommend that if you want the best waves...like ppl that post their
pics...u should brush for 15-20 minutes after applying the promade. See wat the brushing does.. it one trains ur hair but it also heats ur hair up to a degrees making it more managable.

- Now its du rag time... alway use a durag after applying ur promade...don't let it slide and decide to sleep w/o ur rag... You hair will be frizzy and look twisted. So put ur du rag on. Some of the veterans here say use a stockin cap. They are wrong. A stockin cap is for people with braids/cornrows. See a stockin cap lays on ur head instead of pressing on ur head..like a du rag does.

When ur hair
is wet it will dry and contract. The du rag will cause a wave pattern to form as it presses against ur hair. A stock cap doesnt press and ur hair will go back to the way it was b4 u brushed. Ppl with waves tell u this b/c they have had their waves for a while and the stock cap doesnt make a difference to them. But if ur a noobie to the wave game trust me it makes a different. So put on ur du rag and make it tight.....to a point. Dont cut off ur circulation. Go to sleep and then wake up, wet ur brush b4 brushin to loosen up ur hair a little..... brush to bring out the shine and set ur waves stright.......END CHAPTER I

STAY TUNED FOR CHAPTER II... OR INSTANT MESSAGE ME ....AOL SCREEN NAME TheEdotKid.

STAY LOOK FOR POSTS FOR MY NEW WAVE WEB SITE.
BlackFate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:58pm
n wat u mean by brushin backwards? u meanin for lik ur top instead of going foward u go bck?
BlackFate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by jeezy jeezy wrote:

.......***after i take the wave cap off i have 360 all around..but as soon as i brush that ish they all go away and u can see a few waves at the front
***TIPS***

[/QUOTE]*sigh* u ppl dun read wat u write.....c u juss said wen u take it off u have it all around..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:26pm
Hey u guys Edot is Back so holla at me aol screen name TheEdotkid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic