Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FUNKY COLORS FOR SALE!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 11:39pm
Yeah, I know what you mean. Some styles do require some cutting. Lucky for me, most of my clients are in their 20's and the style right now seems to be stick straight so it works.... I know I scrunch my hair frequently to get it wavy. I curl it from time to time too... I guess I have lots of styles

Here's me with scrunched hair:
(picture edited)

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 10:55pm
First off I have to say those extension pictures look amazing Kristen you do a beautiful job!
Personally my hair (and most of the gals that I do) would never work in a stick straight style. My hair is a bit wavy/frizzy and no matter how much I straighten it a bit of moisture of humidity and it waves/frizzes up. And when that happens the top layers of natural hair are very obvious from the long lengths. Thats why I put in light layers. It fluffs up the extensions and gives it more body and bounce. And I also put alot of curl in my hair. The layering makes a curl style work much better also. I know this isnt a great picture but this is how I wear my hair
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/1985351/3838675/53908170.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 11:44am
I do not do ANY cutting what so ever to blend the crown in. The only cutting I do is just at the very bottom to give it a rounded look.
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 4:24am
Hi there, Kristen, sorry to bother you again, when you put your 22inch extensions into Sarah's hair, did you must put them and and cut the bottom if at all, or did you do any cutting of the extensions to blend in at the crown. I noticed on another post that somebody had done this. I just put mine in usually, I don't usually do any cutting of the extensions at the crown??? Also, when you pre-tip and put in your client's bohyme hair, after three months do you find you can reuse this bohyme hair, as I've also noticed on another post that somebody said that bohyme doesn't last longer than three months. I know this is mostly all you use so I thought you might be able to give me feedback on this xxxxxxxxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:17pm
I mostly use fusion and extenstubes. The less visible of those are the fusion kind but the extendtubes are better for your hair... What some of my clients do is links all over and the row closest to the part in fusion.

I hope that helps,
Kristin
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 7:59pm
LOL Gina "dingleberries" thats a new one! I think the shrinkies would be the smallest attachment method. The shrinkies shrink down really small then youd only have "mini dingleberries"

For shorter layers on top, I layer the top rows (from the ears up) of extensions with a hair razor to blend the crown in with the extensions.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 7:41pm
Kristin, I love your model on pg.5. The first girl. I'd like to do something similar to hers. I hate to ask again... I do grasp the idea of staying off natural parts, but to blend those crown layers (mine are 5" at best) which bonding technique is best? I've seen girls with keratin fusion and it has a "beaded" effect,which I refer to as dingleberries!
Thanks again for being so generous with your knowledge.
P.S Kim's a nut!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 7:19pm
I try to go about 1 inch below the part line and The blending is a result of using the same color extension as the hair you are attaching it to. For instance, my little sister had about 5 shades in her hair so when I grabbed the piece I wanted to apply the hair to I would match that to the extension. The result is perfect blending!

What color streaks are you looking to get? The amount you'll need really depends on how dramatic you want it...
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 6:54pm
Kristin, Love your work! How do you conceal your bonds when someone has short crown layer? My hair is similar to your sisters pic on your site. I want to add length and a few funky highlites... How much hair should I expect to use?
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 10:47am
Do you know what, a weight has been lifted off my mind now, thanks so much. How many stands did you use for this girl xxx thanks every so much Kristen xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 9:55am
It will be a shorter weft but you still should have enough for your whole head. Here's a picture of something I did with one package of 22" Bohyme:

You should still be able to make plenty of strands.

-Kristin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 6:03am
Hi there Kristen, could you tell me if you know how many pre-tipped strands I would get out of a 22inch 4oz weft from ebonyline. They have ran out of the 18inch and are sending me the 22inch instead but I'm worrying that it will be a shorter weft.xxx
krazyangel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 12:03am
hey kristin i got your hair couple day's back ..havent been checking the mail >.< opppsss.. but i just wanted to let you know i got then and the PINK, HOT PINK, AND PLATINUM are reallllllllyyyyyyy cute =^_^= .... i <3 em!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 3:51am
OH MY GOD WHAT A BE-ATCH I can't get my breath, what's her problem, seems like one of those people that have got too much time on their hands and no brains in their head to be able to fill that time up other than slander people.

See ya wouldn't want to be ya is all I have to say to her!!! Leave Kristen and Amm alone!!! If it weren't for them I wouldn't be several tips less in giving my clients a better service!!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 6:31am
Kim: Since you obviously don't know your ass from your elbow, I'm thrilled to hear you'll be going somewhere else. Ciao!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 1:37am
Being as that Kim Chau copied and pasted the exact same thing in numerous posts.... here's my response:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP934431446&id=2718
Kim Chau View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Chau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 12:35am
Do you two perhaps get on this site together to promote each other????? I am just curious because on every question Kristin and Amm are always responding with each other. And are on every subject in the hair extension catagory. It almost seems like a scam to promote Kristins business. I hope you both are not trying to pull something over us. It is very obvious that you two know each other. You may be vetern but there is a reason for it. I think were all catching on. I think integrity issues need to be addressed. I come on here hoping to find some answers and all I see is Kristin and AMM responding to each other and Amm supporting Kristin and her hair business. Something is not right here! I think I will go somewhere else hopefully I will find a site that doesnt have scams like this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 10:48pm
Kris408:

Hey I haven't heard back from you.... Just checking to see if you still want some colors
clairey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 5:58am
sent ya an email kristin!:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 1:06am
I got your email and I replied to you... I'm not sure why you didn't get it....

I need to know exactly what you want... You said you want some red ones and some bright red ones... did you mean some red and some dark red?

How many blonde do you want? How many of the red? dark red?

I'll send you the paypal request as soon as you let me know the exact quantities in exact colors.

-Kristin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic