Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shrinkies...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 5:44am
Yes I used the kind from Dr Locs, they are fantastic, I couldn't believe how well they shrank and how small and undetectable they are. I have used and had glue methods and micro-rings and haven't thought much to either of them especially the micro-rings I thought they were terrible things and so uncomfortable to wear but these shrinkies are ace. You can hardly see them and they shrink to the colour of the hair you put in as well, they are so small but effective. I made my own pre-bonded hair using the liquid gold glue. I couldn't wait to use my shrinkies till my fusion wand came so I just used my normal ceramic straighteners and they worked a treat. I've had these shrinkies in for nearly a week now and they are as they were put in, I've used intensive conditioner, straighteners and hairdryer and they haven't budged xxx
Jenn_RR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 4:53am
Excellent news. Did you use the kind from Doc Locks? Which prebonded hair did you use? Are you finding that the they're smaller and less noticable that other methods? Any tips you'd like to share? Congratulations!
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 4:13am
I'd just like to add that I tried shrinkies for the first time last night, just put a couple in my hair and I thought WOW these are absolutely fantastic, I used a pre-bonded extension and they just grabbed it !!!
Krystee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 10:27am
Hi AMM,

How long does it take you to do a full head? And how long do you have to apply the heat clamp for? Do you think this would work with Monofibre the same way as with Human Hair?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 5:37am
Please read my first review of shrinkies back in October here:

http://www.enhancementmedia.com/cgi-bin/beauty/index.cgi?noframes;read=59382

I have photo links in that post that show what shrinkies look like up close in both blonde and brown hair.

The only thing I would amend to that post now is that the "fusion" glue on the inside of the shrinkie does come out with acetone and vegetable oil. I will not say all the residue comes out with the oil because sometimes I have more coating on my strand than others.

I think any extension application can have a downside. The shrinkie residue is that applications only fault, imo. I rarely have to take the time to work it out though because I usually put a strand right back in the same spot. How can I do that? Because I still have all my hair and it's not broken. Yay!
Samantha~Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha~Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 5:26am
Hi all i'm new here, although i've been reading alot of the pages, which is really useful!
I'm new to using shrinkies, hair extentions is rare where i am!
I was wondering, I have straight dark hair.. if i were to use shrinkies to apply light brown wavy human hair... will it blend in ok? also what is pre-tipped hair?
i was just curious, thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic