Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please recommend a good straightening product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PLind View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please recommend a good straightening product
    Posted: December 15 2002 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by MelanieMayo MelanieMayo wrote:

Are you wanting products to use products to blow your hair straight, or are you wanting to permantently straighten it (until it grows off of course)? I have naturally curly, thick hair and blowing it out straight is TOO time consuming to me. I just ordered Phytospecific Phytorelaxer which is supposed to be a lot gentler to your hair than the old type of straighteners. It`s supposed to be plant based. I don`t see how it could be any more damaging than constantly pulling and tugging to get the curls out. Anyway there is a review on it somewhere on this website. I paid $44 on Sephora.com. The girl who wrote the review only had to straighten her hair twice in a year. I can`t wait to get mine. As for styling products to straighten/defrizz hair, I hear Phytodefrisant is the best. Supposedly Jennifer Anniston uses it.

To MelanieMayo,

I was wondering how you liked the Phytodefrisant? Do you have to blow dry in order to achieve smoothness? It`s not a wash out treatment is it? I have fine wavy hair that is medium length but frizzes and gets very poofy in humidity - I would like to avhieve wash and go straight smooth hair.

Thanks for any input!
PLind
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2002 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Azulestra Azulestra wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good inexpensive straightening balm or ironing gel product I can use to straighten my wavy/frizzy hair and leave it feeling soft?

tigi straight talk straightening serum

priced around 11pounds
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
MelanieMayo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieMayo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2002 at 8:16pm
Are you wanting products to use products to blow your hair straight, or are you wanting to permantently straighten it (until it grows off of course)? I have naturally curly, thick hair and blowing it out straight is TOO time consuming to me. I just ordered Phytospecific Phytorelaxer which is supposed to be a lot gentler to your hair than the old type of straighteners. It`s supposed to be plant based. I don`t see how it could be any more damaging than constantly pulling and tugging to get the curls out. Anyway there is a review on it somewhere on this website. I paid $44 on Sephora.com. The girl who wrote the review only had to straighten her hair twice in a year. I can`t wait to get mine. As for styling products to straighten/defrizz hair, I hear Phytodefrisant is the best. Supposedly Jennifer Anniston uses it.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 6:22pm
I`ve tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING available on the legal market for straightening hair that comes in a container. I used to love a gel Salon Selectives made, but they stopped making it, of course. LA Looks makes a Slick Gel that smoothes and straightens my wavy hair. I actually like it better than their Flattery lotion which is made specifically for straightening (it left my hair coarser and with more tangles than the slick stuff.) Another good product is Straighten Out of Pro-Vitamin Special Effects. It`s pink and will REALLY straighten your hair, so don`t use a lot. Also, it comes in various sizes/containers but I recommend the one in the big 6-oz plastic bottle. It`s strange, but it`s actually a different product than the small 6-oz. It looks the same but the ingredients are different, and the small bottle stuff greased my hair up something gross.

Both products I mentioned cost about $3 and I`ve found the LA Looks gel at Target, Walmart, etc. The 16-oz bottle of Straighten Out is more difficult to locate--Rite Aid drugstores are the only retailer I`ve found locally.

There are a variety of salon products that work really well too but I mentioned the ones I use because they`re economical and work for me. Of course all hair is different and your results may differ, but good luck all the same ! :)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
june25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote june25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 4:12pm
Frizz-Ease 5 Minute Manager Blow-Dry Lotion is a really good product. Your hair feels really soft and blown-out and it`ll stay that way for a few days if you use just a little. If you douse your head in it, it`ll feel weighed down and gross, so be careful.
Azulestra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azulestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2001 at 5:13pm
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good inexpensive straightening balm or ironing gel product I can use to straighten my wavy/frizzy hair and leave it feeling soft?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic