Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dome/PH after One Month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dome/PH after One Month
    Posted: March 02 2005 at 9:52pm
Hehe...I just got two brushes today. One looks exactly like the one you posted, the other has somewhat thicker bristles (I think the first is nylon, the second is plastic). Anyway, they work really well on this hair. Usually (with human), I only use a boar brush, and that still may be good for final styling and smoothing, but I think the stronger bristles are key for really detangling and smoothing the hair out. Isaac told me to get one of these when I got my hair done, but I forgot about it, and I think I also read something that said to only use boar's hair.... Well, better late than never!

By the way, if I used either of these harsher brushes on my real hair, it'd be trashed--lol! :)
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:48pm
leia

Sally Item #: 333741
i love plastikhaar
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:46pm
thats odd leia, the link works fine for me! Silly computers!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:26pm
Mer, when I click the link (from both work and home) the Sally website gives me an error message. Is there a specific name or SKU for the brush?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:29pm
Thanks, Mer. I'll definitely keep Jenna in mind. Tomorrow I'm actually going to Isaac to get steamed (and cut), and my hair is actually looking quite a bit better now (as I learn to work with it more and more), so I think we're all on the right track.

I'm so thrilled we've discovered synth--hehe... My biggest problem now is that I've been cutting the ends randomly (as I've been experimenting with it, I've fried a few ends here and there, so I really need it razor cut again). I'll probably post more pics tomorrow, to show what the steaming does.

And by the way, I really like the Biosilk--thanks for the tip. It's well worth the price, imo. :)

PS--Have you washed it yet since Jenna (not the roots, but the actual length of the hair)? :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:10pm
thank you thank you thank you again.. jenny, i amost recommend if philly isn't too far, (it's really 30 min north of philly) going to get your roots done by jenna next time she will have your hair looking awesome and you can have a fresh start
i love plastikhaar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:10pm
thank you thank you thank you again.. jenny, i amost recommend if philly isn't too far, (it's really 30 min north of philly) going to get your roots done by jenna next time she will have your hair looking awesome and you can have a fresh start
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:55pm
Thanks, Mer!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:52pm
Thanks Mer, I wouldnt have known which brush to get without that link!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:41am
Jenny, this is the kind of brush she recommended, and it might explain why my hair was so straight!!!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1740/333741

This brush is designed for smoothing, shaping and straightening all types of hair.

Eliminates static while brushing
Bacti-ban inhibits bacteria growth on plastic
Rubber handle provides non-slip grip
i love plastikhaar
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:12pm
I absolutely love the colors Mer!!!

Beautiful!!!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:30pm
Thanks, Mer. I picked up the Biosilk today and will be using it soon. I still need a new brush, but I think I know the kind you're talking about now.

Again, the hair is gorgeous! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:33pm
mm i will get the brand later it was from sally's (i have to leave to go talk to the preist.) my hair is up to hide the pink, the majoriroty is in a bum, only 4 streaks show, not bad, huh!!!

uhm, cross, i have not tested the generic, i will not until aftet i wash it but i will post it in this thread as soon as i do, prolly not for days.. i am not going to wash it until i have to... jenna made this hair beautiful and i am not going to do anything to screw it up
i love plastikhaar
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:06am
hey mer - how does the generic biosilk compare to the real stuff? i think someone posted before that it felt sticky ?

and, like jenny, curious about what the brush is made of that is working for you - nylon, etc?
thanks!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:44pm
OK. I'm getting that Biosilk then.

Is the brush a paddle brush with fairly thick, stiff plastic (not thin nylon) bristles, with tiny balls on the ends?

Sorry for all the zillions of questions.

Thanks, Mer! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:14pm
i bought a $12 bottle of biosilk. it supposedly lasts forever. the brush was not like any i have in the house. it's little balls were teeny tiny like none i had evr ever seen. and she just had me use the tup of it and made me start at the bottom REALLY light. she really WATCHED my brushing technique.

she blowdried it bc she didn't want me to get sick but did not brush it while blow drying. she did bleach it while the pinchbraids were in. synthetic (these kinds) do not take any color
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:54pm
Interesting--I guess all the brushing with that (nylon?) brush does the trick. I thought that would damage the hair, but I'll be getting one of those babies now!

I actually saw a bottle of Biosilk at Ricky's today--it was $39.99 *gulp* although it was a fairly big bottle. Is it really the best, or what? Does anything work as effectively, or is it basically the only game in town?

:)

Edited to say: She bleached your roots with the pinchbraids in? Did she let the extensions air-dry afterward?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:45pm
Well, she brushed it when i came in. I had some matting in my real hair that i didn't even know about until the day b4. Then she did the punchbraids. then she brushed it again. then she bleached it and brushed it again, then she toned it and i think we brushed it again? and all these times we washed it and conditioned it and all this stuff and brushed it again!!!!

so it was brushed A LOT.

but it is sooooo soft. she did it on sat and i have not washed it or my real hair yet, just showering with a pony on my head, and going to do the sink crown thing tomorrow.

biosilk is keeping it L O V E L Y.

Mer

edit: silly typos
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:59pm
It really does look amazing, Mer, and I like that your stylist blended the blonde with the pink. The effect is very soft and natural (as pink hair goes, that is :) ). I actually just ordered some pink, as well as a few reds, from Sara myself.

I was curious, too, why the hair was straight when it was installed. Did the wave just brush out or something? :)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:52pm
yep Rae Sally's has the super looper. I was surprised to see them there yesterday and picked one up for myself! And my Sallys is pretty limited on anything pertaining to fake hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic