Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fina Fina is BAAACK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fina Fina is BAAACK!!!
    Posted: March 04 2005 at 11:20pm
Absolutely beautiful!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 10:54pm
I want Boogiemama to do my hair! I'll go to Seattle if I have to, but if she wants to come to CA, that would be great too!

Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 8:46pm
Fina---that is some super fine hair! Very very nice!
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:35pm
love it
i love plastikhaar
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:07am
GIRLS - I LOVE YA!!

LOL!!

Boogiemama - that's IT - you are doing my next batch -- I just gotta see you in action! Gals, anybody up for a road trip? Or shall we just all meet in a central location and fly Boogiemama in and have her to OURSELVES until we are done with her? er, I mean, until she is done with us??

um, ahem, the curl is, um, dropping ever so. . . slightly. . .I will post some pics today after I fix my camera. Yes, it broke. My dog knocked it out of my hands yesterday and, well, you know. . .

I've been told I look like Lisa K, but I really did think the hair was more RITA. THANKS JENNY - you crack me up.

-Fina

p.s. OT: I Need to re-start another post on using shrinkies with LG only as pretips: I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS - the LG Is a B**CH to get out of your hair -- I know amm said to put nail glue over the tips -- but dummy me I didn't --

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:22am
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

Fina is way hotter than Lisa Kudrow!

I agree.

How about Rita.....

:)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:35pm
Fina is way hotter than Lisa Kudrow!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:28pm
ahh you look so pretty, love the hair :)

(psst, anyone else thinks she looks like lisa kudrow?)

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:19pm
Kimberly: My curls didn't really "come back," but I've been able to create some curl with steam rollers and *gulp* a curling iron. The wave didn't completely drop out (although it loosened a lot) until I blow-dried it with the brush. Blowing the hair out will make it seriously pin-straight (at least with the 50mm, although I would imagine this applies to all synth hair).

I actually blowed the hair with a round brush this morning and was able to create a slight bend on the ends, but this is neither here nor there for you, since you need serious curls. From the sounds of it, the 28mm will be a great match, and since you're wearing clips, I think it'll be awhile before you need to blow-out the ends.

Hell, who knows?, maybe with enough care, the hair doesn't really need to be blown-out. Honestly, if they're clips, I really would think you'd be best washing the hair very, very little; just use Febreeze or something, and the initial curl should hold up well. And if Fina's washed hers twice with no loss of curl, that's certainly encouraging.

In other words, don't go by me--lol! At this point, I've conducted so many experiments on it. What's actually suprising is that given everything I've done to the hair, it's holding up pretty well. After 9 washes or so and tons of heat-styling, it still looks better than human, imo.

Tomorrow, I'll post pictures after I get steamed. In a week or so, I'll post my results with the velvet-covered hot rollers.

Bottom line: The haar is $13 a bag and looks amazing--how can you really go wrong?

:)
boogiemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boogiemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:39pm
There is *no way* that Dome/Pro Hair can be done with only one person

Oh yes you can.
I used an assistant for YEARS doing the 4 strand box braid (which is this macrame thing your stylist is saying).
I was delighted to learn the 3 strand method because now I don't have to pay an assistant, or have late assistants or no show assistants or annoying assistants. JUST ME! And it looks just fine and lasts just as long. And I can get done quicker instead of working with slow people.
The "glue" is spirit gum. I use it on everyone, it's harmless.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 5:08pm
Wow, Fina! That looks totally hot girl! From your pics, it looks like you got a LOT cut off! I still can't believe this is synthetic hair!!!
I'm so happy for you!
It is what it is...
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:03am
Leia-

That would be fun if you could be my guinea pig! You're in San Jose, right?

AMM- In what town do you live?

As I said before, I'm actually in Shingle Springs (where the hell's that, right?) and it's off of HWY 50 about 40 miles NE of Sacramento, in the foothills.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:16am
Very excited here Sara just emailed me and I can get wefts in any curl type. So looking at my hair picture you think the 22m woud be the best? And no blow drying right Jenny? Being that my hair will be on a weft I can cold water wash it and let it air dry. What do you do afterwards - finger comb it?

Jenny - BTW did your curls ever come back?
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:15am
Gorgeous girl! The hair and you both just look fabulous!! I am so glad I picked up that 28, it really looks great. now if it would just get here! *smacking self in head for not choosing priority mail* feel like it has been months since I bought! And sherrie, this looks like just what you are looking for! Did you get yours yet?

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 6:27am
All - THANKS so much for your rave reviews. . .it really takes hair afficianados to truly appreciate this ARTFORM. And it is an artform, isn't it?? Comments/answers:

All you California Girls out there: I live in Texas which is in the MIDDLE of the country and I come to California quite often as well. . . customers in Sacramento/N. Cal area, tradeshows in S. Cal, etc., so I hold high hopes for meeting at least one of you in person!!

Jenny - I think there are 5 rows in the back. She actually started with the *sides* and did vertical rows (ear to part-ish), then did the back last. Also, yes I'm going to try to avoid the blow dryer. And really, it just hasn't needed it. A little spritzing with the ProHair stuff and a good brushing really seems to help it a lot.

Kimbearly - Yes I agree with you, it *does* looke like really healthy shiny hair. I LOVE THE SHINE.

Save-a-Stray - THANKS and thanks for the heads up on the process. . .it really was like the Dome video you sent!!

Syren - I take pride in that styling!! Bettie did the initial cut with a razor, but I did the real work! And thanks for the art-school color combo comment. I'm not thrilled with the Winterblond portions of it, but the Birke/Blond/Platinum is smokin. I'm thinking of doing some SatinBlond shrinkies. The SatinBlond color is SOOOO beautiful.

Kristin - You are always a gorgeous inspiration to us all!

Today I get to show it off at the OFFICE --

Fina
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 5:37am
About blowing out the ends, Fina, I really would not recommend it until you absolutely have to. I think if you blow out the hair, it will go completely straight--and I don't mean straight like when you blow-out human hair with a round brush and it still has some curl on the ends; I mean pin-straight. I think that's basically the deal with synth hair, although you could always conduct a test on a sample first; that's probably the best plan. Perhaps steaming would produce different results; I don't know.

In fact, does anyone know if you can blow-out the ends of synth with a round brush to make it look like it still has some body? I sort of tried it myself, but it didn't work too well. :)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:51am
Fabulous! I ordered the 28mm, too. Now that I see how yours looks, I'm happy I did. Gotta have that curl!

PS: I am in N/Central California! Us California gals need to get ourselves together sometime!
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:39am
I can't get my breath. I can't believe that hair is plastic its gorgeous, you look awesome girl!!!!xx
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 12:27am
Fina, that looks wonderful. It looks so natural, the colors are perfect, and the finished style suits you well. Two thumbs up (and a toe, for good measure)!

Metalgirl, if I can find the time to get up your way, I will totally be your guinea pig!
juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 12:27am
FinaFina, Your hair looks fantabulous!!!! Love it!

Like other posters said the Dome method is a 4way braid, and the ProStyles method is a 3way braid. And the *glue* you speek of is actually a type of spirit gum that is used, so it will NOT harm your natural hair. It washes out. I love the Dome Method and prefer it but it is so hard to find an assistant that is willing to stand there with you for all that time.

Yaaaayyy for you, you look great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic