Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shrinkies and Hair dyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shrinkies and Hair dyes
    Posted: March 14 2005 at 10:34pm
I just did dye my hair (way too dark I might add) with shrinkied extensions.  No problem. 
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 11:21am
I've dyed my hair with shrinkies in, and I think Rose did, too. No problems. I don't think it sould be an issue. You might, if possible, try to get as little dye as possible on the shrinkies, just in case.
mochachip View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 11:16am
First post here, but ive been reading here for a while and post on Quinns site from time to time.

Anyhow
I'm installing shrinkies (well my own experiment with shrink tubing, But i've done the research) this weekend /as long as my hair gets here by then.

I'm putting in dark brown PH on the top and a Yellow/green underneath for an undercolour. I''ve decided that I'm going to bleach out some of the hair under neath so that there won't be brown visible when I put it up. I"m going to use either Manic Panic or SFX for this. On top I need to do some grey coverage. I usually use Loving care so that its easy to take out when i decided I want to go blond or pink or whatever.

I figure I need to wash my hair with dishsoap/clarifying shampoo right before I install. But thats strong enough to take out a lot of the colour I want to deposit. So I was wondering if anyone has used any hair dyes while having Shrinkies in.

If so does it make them slip?
When I posted on Quinnster's site Jenny?(Hair******?) said she didn't think there would be a problem expcept the maybe taking a little of the color I am applying which would be fine.

I know its long winded but thanks for reading and for any advice/experience you can share.

:)al

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic