Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Extensions are in!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Extensions are in!!
    Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:36pm
Bridget, In the last pictures you posted the hair looked pretty good to me.  Don't give up !!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 11:36am
Eeks! Well, good luck getting 'em out, Bridget. Take your time, and maybe you can get someone to help you. If it continues to be difficult, perhaps you want to sleep with the oil on your roots, wash with a clarifying shampoo in the morning, and then have another go at it.

Yeah, and you should definitely contact hairpiece.com. I usually get a confirmation email right after I order.

:)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 11:30am

Fina,

I'm removing the shrinks because of the install.  I think my install was a little faulty.  The shrinks shrunk too inconsistently and I lost a lot the 1st few days.  And, I figure it would be best to go w/hair that has a wave to it. I'm going with the large Extentubes next.  I ordered them 2 days ago from hairpiece.com and still haven't got an order confirmation... hmm better give em' a call.  I'm not totally against shrinkies, just takes a special technique to install them properly, and for me it's really hard to do the back, so I need more practice with them I guess.     

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:46am
huh? What did I miss? Bridget why are you removing your shrinkies ? ?

All that work ! Oy!

What are you going to replace them with? ?

Fina
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:30am

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Oil is used after the shrinkie is removed with the fusion wand. Clamp down on the shrinkie, let it heat up and get soft and then slide it out. Or, let it distort and then cool a bit before sliding out to keep the residue from spreading down the entire hair strand.

I suggest using gobs and gobs of conditioner a few days prior to shrinkie removal. You'll be amazed how much looser they get. Don't force them out. Those little shrinkie strands with the hair broken off vibes me.

About the oil thing before removal. Does anyone know the temp veg oil has to reach before it starts to smoke? Be careful with that because those wands get scorchin' hot. Wouldn't want you to catch aflame and come back with Troll hair now.

I plan on shampooing again today and loading the conditioner on again.  I agree, it loosens the shrinks.  I won't put the heat clamp on my head with oil on it!  No, don't want troll hair, LOL.  My shrinks are pretty distorted now, that's why they were just sliding right out w/the oil.  I just figured, it can't hurt to add scalp oil to aid in the removal, prior to using the heat clamp.

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:29am
The smoke point for Canola oil is 460-470 F.  Thats 237 - 242 C.

Docs wand is 120 - 180 C

Corn oil is a little lower than Canola.  212 ish C

My info came from  http://www.libertyvegetableoil.com/products.html

and they have other vege oils listed as well
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:15am
Oil is used after the shrinkie is removed with the fusion wand. Clamp down on the shrinkie, let it heat up and get soft and then slide it out. Or, let it distort and then cool a bit before sliding out to keep the residue from spreading down the entire hair strand.

I suggest using gobs and gobs of conditioner a few days prior to shrinkie removal. You'll be amazed how much looser they get. Don't force them out. Those little shrinkie strands with the hair broken off vibes me.

About the oil thing before removal. Does anyone know the temp veg oil has to reach before it starts to smoke? Be careful with that because those wands get scorchin' hot. Wouldn't want you to catch aflame and come back with Troll hair now.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:57am
I think Bridget that its heat and slide off then oill to get the residue off.

Of course I'll really know the answer ina coupld of months when I take mine out...
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:14am

I thought you're supposed to use a oil during the shrinkie removal?  Just makes sense to me to loob it up so it slides off better and aids in disolving the bond a bit. 

??? 

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:11am
Kalika, I do plan to do that.  I just wanted to pre-oil them up and let it soak on my scalp.  They are scalp oils that I used.  The 15 that came out yesterday slid right out w/none of my hair attached. 
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:02am
GAH!  the only way to get shrinkies out is to reheat them and slide them off the hair.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:56am

I'm slowly but surely trying to work these shrinkies out.  I globbed a boat load of conditioner on the bonds twice in the shower.  Sprayed oil sheen on the bonds 2 nights ago, and then last night used Parnevu T-Tree Scalp Oil (this stuff is awesome!).  One of my bonded tracks came right out!  I'm kinda taking my time on the take down, yesterday after all that loobin' I lost about 15 all day.  So it is looking more piecey and *in need of* help!  I'll prob. get the rest out tonight & tomorrow. 

No complaints on the WaWa hair.  The more I wear it the more I'm liking it.  My only regret was getting it stick straight!  I haven't really done much to this hair, so I can't say too much.  I just shampoo, air dry, and then go over with a flat iron.  This hair would definilty last a good while longer... but not these shrinkies, they've gotta go!  The picture with the shrinks and the breakage was before any of the oiling & loobing up on my bonds.  I think that's a lot of hair to lose!  The picture didn't come out as clear as it was in my camera... what's up with that?

So, I'm planning my next venture... it keeps changing though, so I'll just post pics when it's all said and done!!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:41am
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 11:47am
Hey Bridget-
Congrats on getting the 'problem' fixed. . .you  know I have actually WALKED OUT OF SALONS after having paid a LOT of money and had this problem!! 

I was reading the thread and you were asking about curling, styling, etc. In general I think it's the PlastikHaar and other non-thermal synth that requires the TLC - i.e. the air drying, the velcro rollering, the flocked-hot rollers, etc.  You have WaWa in, right? I believe it's a LOT more hearty and you can pretty much treat it like human hair? Can you post us on if that's true or not. . .??

Also  -  I have ordered the 27/613 Hot Stuff Fusion hair. Unfortunately I got the Yaky instead of the French wave (my mistake) but since I plan on styling it anyway it should all work out about the same. . .

But let us know about how the hair handles!!  IT LOOKS GREAT!!!

-Fina
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:09am
Hey bridget your hair looks lovely, it really suits you xxxx
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:37am
ye look really pretty now iv just ordered some wa wa in the same colours so i hope i can get a positive result also
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:08am
Looks really good! 

Sure does take some "tinkering" to get the look, huh?  But it's worth it!  You did a great job! 
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:06pm
Awesome.  A little extra hair went along way!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:04pm
I agree I think it looks really good now! Very pretty and natural!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 9:48pm
It looks really pretty and very natural, Bridget--you totally hooked it up. I don't think it looks stringy at all anymore, but with stick-straight hair and strand-by-strand methods, it's almost impossible to eliminate all stringiness, as well as some weirdness on the ends. Even just a bit of body on the bottom makes a world of difference, imo.

Let us know how the Velcros work out; I haven't tried them yet myself. Hot rollers work great, at least on PH, and I would think, since you've got the WaWa, you could just curl it with an iron. Have you tried that yet?

Anyway, it looks great--congratulations! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic