Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gluing pretips into Mircrorings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gluing pretips into Mircrorings
    Posted: March 24 2005 at 6:33pm

Yup...

I've been dickin with this approach myself...couldn't get the nail glue to adhere (maybe my glue is junk) I thought about clear polish. Even more desperatly...craft glue ala glue gun (laugh if you like!)

If I get anything to go...I'l be sure to share!

O...forgort to add... I used nail glue to pretip shrinkies. I ended up getting my bonds to hard. I have since abbonded shrinkies.

Edited by Gina E
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 5:52pm
I actually tried this the other day, using a drop of nail glue, but I found it difficult to get the tip in exactly as I wanted it, and ultimately, it seemed like it was going to be more time-consuming, so I abandoned that completely. But yeah, the nail glue will definitely hold it in place. :)
krs523 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krs523 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 2:24pm

Yep....I was thinking a touch of nail glue.  Figured just a small dab would hold it....

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 2:19pm
I tried doing it with the sheinkie and it was harder to install than with the shrinkie and tip separate.

What would you use to glue it to the ring?  nail glue?  I can't imagine anything else that would hold without wasting a lot of space.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 12:54pm
I heard before on a thread about gluing the tip into shrinkies but I couldn't really see that working.  That's interesting though I never though about gluing it in the extentube, anybody here know of any pros or cons of doing that xx
krs523 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krs523 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 12:45pm

Has anyone had any luck with gluing their pretipped hair into the microrings before installing?  I think that was brought up before and wanted to know if it works.  Seems like it would make the installation go faster.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Kate

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic