Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

S.O.S.--The Worst Haircut Ever!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S.O.S.--The Worst Haircut Ever!!!!
    Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:12pm
I've done that before too Jenny.  Not with synthetic, but HH and it looked the same.  I ran out to Sally's (or they have them at Ulta too)  and found these cheap hair thinning shears.  They look like regular scissors except one side has teeth.  Then I pilled the hair on top of my head and only pulled down a few rows of extensions.  I used those thinning shears at a 45 degree angle and chopped up to thin  out the hair ends to get rid of the blunt look.  Then I  scrunchied that freshly cut hair and put it to the side so I wouldn't cut it again by mistake and pulled down a few more rows of extensions.  I did the same thing to those rows of hair only I cut them about about an inch shorter.  I kept doing this for a few more rows.  It helped hide the blunt ends, but still didn't look as good as a professional layer cut.  It held me through until my next hair extensions though.  Good luck.  Cutting hair is really hard for me so I don't know if this is good advice or not.  It worked for me, but like I said it looks better when somone who knows what they are doing cuts my hair.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:38am

It doesn't look that bad Jen!  You could point cut w/the thinning shears too, I wouldn't go into the lenght at all, just at the bottoms.  You could try a blunt cut w/the thinning shears and this will give it a point cut/textured look.  Good Luck!

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:23pm
Oh yeah....you can find them at any BSS
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:22pm

This is an inexpensive feather razor for a few bucks. Ive seen them anywhere from $4 up to $90

http://www.beautycentury.com/mall/resultform.asp?SKU=3319&am p;MS_SKU=2222

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 2:18pm
I've never heard of a feather razor before.
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:29am

Where is a good place to buy a feather razor?

BSS?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 8:14am
Yep elvira....I always used a disposable razor too before I bought a feather razor. It will definitely do in a pinch!
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:50am
I take a disposable razor and start from the inside and shave from my chin down, peice by peice all the way around.Then I just keep doing that all over and it gives a really good layered look.
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 11:01pm

what happened jenny?

i did the same thing a day b4 my last extensions came out JUST below my real hair length hahahaha but i dind't fix it, much, i fixed the layers around my face.....

i love plastikhaar
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:57pm
well looks a bit unven, yea. but i still think your hair is to die for! color and texture- you still look gorgeous
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 1:12pm
Jenny, I don't know how well this will work with extensions, but to break up that two-tiered look, you can take one-inch wide vertical sections (maybe less, if the extensions are really thick), pull each one straight out from your head and snip at an angle (just cut inwards from the bottom so the longest portion stays the same length all around).  Just work all the way around your head, section by section.  That's how I layer my hair.
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:32am

hiya, if you dont have a hair razor handy just take a disposable shaving raxzor and use that, its fine for synth hair :) just dont dig the razor in.

Thinning scissors -

you need to split your hair into quite large sections ( about 6) and just take a section, and well, basically take *1* chop in the middle of the length :) And thats it!

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 2:41am

Yikes Scoob!!!!

You can take those blunt ends...grab em and back comb e with your sheas. It will shred them/tekturize them. Otherwise, invest in a feather razor!

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 1:01am

use thinning shears( texurizers) grab a section of hair leaving about two inches  hanging, and use the thinning shears and snip into the hair, it will take out hair in the same sections as the teeth are.

dont i repeat, DONT use thinning shears on the top of your hair if you have thin hair, you will look like your balding!

(someone did that to me when i was in beauty school) i thought i was going bald.!!!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:53pm
I always trim my own hair now. No more surprises.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:33pm
how exactly are you supposed to use thinning shears? I have a pair but never really knew how to use them. Maybe a blonde thing......
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:19pm

I agree with everyone, point cutting into the ends would help the bluntness.  Also, if you have thinning shears with fine teeth, that would also help taper the ends.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 11:02pm
Oh what a great link eKatherine!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:50pm

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 10:12pm
I'm just glad to know there is someone else wearing my haircut...but I have to say it looks quite a bit better on you.   I finally bought a box of straight razor blades just to "peel" the ends.  Works pretty good really. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic