Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

diffrent method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diffrent method
    Posted: June 30 2005 at 5:43am
there were some discussions of that product here awhile back, and from what I remember that hair did not recieve good reviews
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 9:59pm

Broome- here's a diff. method I found for you- Tube X

https://www.hisandher.com/faq_tubesys.asp

-Charlene

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by Gina E Gina E wrote:

Hey Char... a lot of times (though not all) the shoelace tips are made of some sort of silicone or wax. It won't bond to the hair like regular fusion. (You are right about making inconsistent tips with the glue gun)

I pretip my hair, which I hate, but the glue I use that works well is the one from Bohyme.  I also went to a NYC show and asked Oran {he also offers gun methods}; "do you know what kind of glue HairLocs uses?"  And secretly, he gave me some of his.  I don't know if he was lying to me or not but the glue is a bit sticky and I like sticky cause it holds better.  He sold them to me for $1 each. 

Originally posted by Gina E Gina E wrote:

Bottom line...You'll just need to get a wand. You'll have more control and consistency

TOTALLY AGREE

broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:37am
thanx to all for your input. i am going to wait until the kit gets here and then i'm going to hit the doll. if i dont have control with the gun, i am going to pretip the hair and order a wand. thanx alot, you guys are sooooooooooooooo helpful. luv ya all.
and god said let there be hair extensions.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:46pm

Broomboy, in previous posts many have responded to you re: thin hair and which method works for them.

Something about that actavar............................

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:45pm

Hey Char... a lot of times (though not all) the shoelace tips are made of some sort of silicone or wax. It won't bond to the hair like regular fusion. (You are right about making inconsistent tips with the glue gun)

Broom...What I did with my EZ plugs from EP, was to trim them down just enough to keep the tip from shedding. Then, I applied a bead of x10 to the tip. All my "tips" were pre made and ready to go. I used my wand , reheated, pressed and rolled! You could always adapt this method by making your own fusion tips and applying the bead. Bottom line...You'll just need to get a wand. You'll have more control and consistency

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 6:58pm

Originally posted by broomeboy1023 broomeboy1023 wrote:

thanx gina, metal, and bridget i am going to give fusion a try. i just ordered a kit from glamour hair.

Something must be wrong with my settings- sorry for this late reply Broome, but this thread didn't hit my email.

Anyway, this is what I think about the fusion guns.  http://www.glamourhair.com/extensions/Supplies-ApplyFusion.a sp  Since it is a dispenser method, God knows you can't predict the amount of glue- therefore causing small to very large balls of glue.  And glue is extremely hot and drips and can be cemented to the hair that you don't want to apply extensions too.

I discovered something you may want to try: 

- take a shoelace pretip and approx same amount of mom's hair

- using a heat wand press pretip till flattened and melted and mom's hair together

- roll and Voila!

The look is less detectable and you don't have to worry about glue droppings and unpredictable sizes.  Hope I was helpful, but hey you may have luck with the gun.  {I used to offer gun fusions years ago, so I thought I'd give you my experience with them}

Charlene

PS  Monkey Barrz is a gun method too and so is the Hair Xtend.  http://www.glamourhair.com/supplies/monkeybarz_starterkit.as p

Edited by CyberMane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 1:25pm
i have not, but i did get a sample. her microrings are much higher quality than docs or his and hers. and the clips seam to be really high quality to! i have not seen anything like them.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 1:09pm

Broomboy, have you tried the fusion clips from Kristin's site ( www.haircandy.net ?)  I'm still waiting on some samples to try this out too. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:54pm

believe me i will, i have seen disasters from fusion not applied correctly. i plan on doing a 2 full heads on my manequin (removal and all) before i touch her head.

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 11:35am
please please please please practise 1st, if you get fusion wrong, you will ruin your mothers hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 11:30am
thanx gina, metal, and bridget i am going to give fusion a try. i just ordered a kit from glamour hair.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:40am

I second fusion, yeah It's got a bad rap...but I use x10 and am able to break down the bonds with the remover from www.shrinkies.net

My advice with fusion: tidy sections, don't get your bonds too big, and PATIENCE during removal.

Maybe practice a few by just adding a few hilites to her hair first. Rent a wand from amm, order the remover (if you don't already have it) and order the chips from www.haircandy.net They both have hella quick shipping

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:22am

You have to be licensed to buy the Ultratress 2 and also I think the Raphael Basante Visions seamless weft.

I think that I saw seamless wefts for sale on www.Superhairfactory.com

I really like the Chrissy V bond, and I think it held well, 8-10 weeks even on fine hair.  The only things I didn't like was the fact that that when I was applying it on some people, the latex would actually make their head burn for a minute or two.  Also, it has to be kept in the refridgerator, and it has such a strong latex smell, it stunk up the salon's refrigerator!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:43am

Hey broomboy,

I have extentubes in and my hair is very thin/fine.  I've had a little bit of slippage, nothing too serious.  As Sherrie said up above, too much hair in the link will enable you to close/crimp the tube shut all the way.

Why don't you give fusion a shot?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:01am
amm i went to the sites, the methods seam great but the sites are not suppliers.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 5:43am

Charlene, I was comparing the ChrissyV bonding glue to Liquid Gold for ease of removal.

I cant speak for those other methods as Ive never used them or seen them

In fairness though to ChrissyV I do believe its a great product. I would prefer to use it over LG. Its easier to work with and easier to remove. The only reason I opt for LG is the price, and I get slightly longer wear time out of LG. And for some people with fine hair, especially in the nape area the LG holds better and longer. But with either glue, if you use the sandwich technique they should hold well.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 2:06am
Originally posted by broomeboy1023 broomeboy1023 wrote:

would you recommend fusion or a seamless method? we have alot of hair i would hate to waste! i think we are going to try fusion with monkey barz. what do ya think?

broome, drop the Monkey Barz for a second and tell me what you think about the recommendations you just received from two professional extensionists?

Please, take a moment to read their thoughts. And you see those links Charlene gave you? Look at them and tell us what you think of these methods.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:15pm
would you recommend fusion or a seamless method? we have alot of hair i would hate to waste! i think we are going to try fusion with monkey barz. what do ya think?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:11pm
what supplier can i get ultratress from?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic