Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curling irons?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curling irons?
    Posted: November 24 2005 at 3:35pm

I would think that a blow dryer would be a bit less harmful since it’s not directly on your hair when applying heat. When you use a curling iron you have to wind your hair around it and then leave it in place for some time for the curl to take i would think this would be more damaging

MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 8:00am
hey if you want smooth waves after washing put into a plait or 2 the results should come out as smooth waves, i do this and it makes my hair really smooth, if i leave me hair open and let it dry that way it becomes frizzy and horrible looking. Hope this helps
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:42pm
I agree with Tyranna and Susan. 
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 3:08pm

well most of the time i do just let it go. but once in a while i want it to look smoother

Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 7:15am
That's funny that you're asking this because of the humidity, I haven't touched a heated tool in 3 months since I feel like it's a lost cause  I've been either letting it go wild or wearing it up.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:01pm
kay! thanks guys!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 3:06pm
I'd agree with that.  I think blow drying is about okay if you use a cool setting.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 2:47pm
Probably a blow dryer is less damaging since you can control the heat settings on it.  But that is just my guess.
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 12:30pm
hi everyone i was just wondering if it is worse to use a curling iron or blow dry. i have been trying my hardest to not do any thing with heat to my hair, but once in a while i have to do something to make it manageable. like if i'm going out, or if its humid. so is it worse to blow dry it, or just curl it ? i know they are both bad for your hair, but which is the lesser of two evils? thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic