Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinning out hair off of thick head.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinning out hair off of thick head.
    Posted: August 31 2005 at 11:03am
It would just grow in tufty and look like you're recovering from alopecia. Not a good look. It took me ages to correct this one myself so best not go there.
Nobody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 6:30pm
Interesting name, might I ask your natonality?

Anyway's, yes, I know people like big hair, however, it really is BIG. I'm serious. And, can I get it thinned out more than once at a time, without going OVERBOARD, butyou know, making it look, decent?
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 6:20pm

Being someone with really thick hair, I know what you're going through.  There are many times that I've wanted to get it thinned out, but then I thought... lots of people would kill for thick hair, y'know?

My point being: I wouldn't thin your hair too much.  It may be a pain now, but once it gets longer it'll look really nice.  As for that "giant helmet" issue, try putting some anti-frizz product in your hair or, once it's long enough, putting it in a ponytail. 

Hope that helps, and good luck with your hair!

Katja

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Nobody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 11:15am
Well, maybe not the best title, but, the problem is similar.

I want to grow my hair long, however, I apparently have very thick hair. It's somewhat long now, (about...5 or 6 inches) that it look's like I have a giant helmet on my head. I want to continue to keep it growing longer, however, this is a problem. Is there a way to thin out hair more?

I go to the barber, and when I ask for it to be thinned out, they alway's thin it out once, and that's it. Is it possible for them to keep thinning it out, so it look's like I have naturally thin hair?

Thank's for your time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic