Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I know it’s a lot but...*favour to ask*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I know it’s a lot but...*favour to ask*
    Posted: January 19 2006 at 6:50pm

The beauty of jojoba is that it is so much like the human scalp and thus does not get oily or greasy.  I use it on my scalp, my split ends (if I find any after Search & Destroy) and even on my skin.  I also mix it with my own favorite essential oils for all sorts of treats.

Just love it.  After 10 years of using it I am still finding new things about it to love.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 6:20pm
That's something most people notice about it. Mine doesn't smell either.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 3:51pm

So far so brilliant thanks

I never really get split ends (I'm a lucky monkey aren't I?) but I found the oil really helps to hide the healthy ends that are different lengths throughout.  The growing out bits.  You know what I mean lol.

Also, brushing is sooooo much easier because the oil separates the little clump of slightly drier hair I used to get at the very ends when I brushed through.  It's an absolute doddle.

With no unpleasant smell.  Is it normal for there to be no odour at all, because mine smells of nothing?  I was expecting a...well...oily smell.

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:42pm
So, welcome to the jojoba fan base, enfys... how you liking it thus far?
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 7:57am

Cheers both!   I couldn't translate many words when I tried, so I'm really glad you had more luck!

With the "toilet" bit I take it it is safe to use on my hair lol.

Now I can join the ranks of Jojoba users

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 7:35pm

Jojoba oil (pure)

Protect from light (most likely "direct light")

Qualities: golden-yellow oil ("liquid oil"),  for bath use or cosmetic use ("inodoro" = literally "toilet").

density (0.861 g/ml), absorption coefficient/rate? 1.4639, solubility in the following listed substances: Ethanol (insoluble), Chloroform (Soluble), Ether (soluble),

acidity (0.21), degree of saponification (87.0-98.0), something to do with iodine which is irrelevant to us (80.0-95.0), some degree related to peroxide which is also irrelevant (0.01), insaponificables (53.80%), something related to volatility which you won't have to worry about because all oils are volatile on a microscopic level (0.01%), oleic acid C18:1 (9.50%), gadoleic acid C20:1 (70.70%), "erucico" (another fatty acid) C22:1 (15.50%)

Normal use (?): Acofarma ?

Hope this helps

my LJ, 40 inches long
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 2:38pm
I used an online translator gizmo.

It looks like it says Pure Jojoba

Those %'s are not ingredients.

Here's what I get using one translator

Oil of Jojoba (Puroba)

Protecting of the light

Aspect: I liquidate oily amaillo-golden, intense in mass, practicamente inodpro. 

Description: (n.b. followed by "results" numbers)

density (0.861 g/ml), indicate of retraccion 1.4639, solubility: Ethanol (insoluble), Chloroform (Soluble), Eter (soluble), indicate of acidity (0.21), indicate of saponification (87.0-98.0), indicate of iodine (80.0-95.0), indicate of peroxidos (0.01), insaponificables (53.80%), humeded + volatiles (0.01%), acido oleico C18:1 (9.50%), acido gadoleico C20:1 (70.70%), acido erucico C22:1 (15.50%)

Norms Utilized: Acofarma

and here's what I get on another

Oil of Jojoba (Puroba)

To protect of the light

Aspect: I eliminate amaillo-golden, intense oleoso in mass, practicamente inodpro.

Description: (n.b. followed by "results" numbers)

density (0,861 g/ml), indice of retraction 1,4639, solubility:Ethanol (insoluble), Chloroform (Soluble), Eter (soluble), indice of acidity (0.21), indice of saponification (87.0-98.0), indice of iodine (80.0-95.0), indice of peroxidos (0.01), insaponificables (53.80%), humeded + volatiles (0.01%), acido oleic C18:1 (9.50%), acido gadoleico C20:1 (70.70%), acido erucico C22:1 (15.50%)

Used Norms: Acofarma

Hope that helps.

Edited by PurpleBubba
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 1:59pm

Is anyone here Spanish-speaking?  A colleague brought me back some jojoba oil from Spain, which it great.  Except I can't read the label. 

Could a volunteer translate this:

Aceite de Jojoba (Puroba)

Proteger de la luz

Aspecto: liquido oleoso amaillo-dorado, intenso en masa, practicamente inodpro.

Description:  (n.b. followed by "resultados" numbers)

densidad (0.861 g/ml), indice de retraccion 1.4639, solubilidad :Ethanol (insoluble), Cloroformo (Soluble), Eter (soluble), indice de acidez (0.21), indice de saponification (87.0-98.0), indice de yodo (80.0-95.0), indice de peroxidos (0.01), insaponificables (53.80%), humeded + volatiles (0.01%), acido oleico C18:1 (9.50%), acido gadoleico C20:1 (70.70%), acido erucico C22:1 (15.50%)

Normas Utilizadas : Acofarma

That's all the labelling.  Any help with putting it into a language I can read would be much appreciated  Thank You!

And can I double check that it is suitable for use on hair and isn't for cooking or something.  Just in case, like...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic