Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil to promote hair growth??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil to promote hair growth??
    Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:54pm
Is rosemary oil an essential oil?  Essential oils should never be applied directly to skin or hair; it can burn.  Always diluted essential oils in a carrier oil (such as jojoba).  I don't believe oils promote hair growth, but they can help reduce tangles (and therefore improve the condition of the hair and implicitly meaning that fewer and lesser trims are needed). 
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 11:38am
I've read that Rosemary EO promotes hair growth
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 8:21am
How does oil on top of the scalp affect hair growth underneath the scalp?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 6:49am
You might find answers to this question on the aromatherapy board, they are used to mixing such things and would have a better idea about this ratio. 

I don't believe too much that putting oil on a scalp can promote hair growth, and I probably wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want my scalp to look oily (I prefer to wash it at night), but I'm still open minded.  If you feel it did something to stimulate growth, come back and tell us!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 10:15am
I was thinking of using rosemary oil(ro) on Miri's scalp to promte hair growth and dilute it with SOFT SHEEN-CARSON OPTIMUM OIL THERAPY
which is a mix of coconut, olive,avacado,and jojoba oil. Is this okay for proper dilution. Also what is the rario of
ro: ssc??? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic