Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braids hinder growth???(please answer)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braids hinder growth???(please answer)
    Posted: August 05 2006 at 10:04pm
Would that be up by her scalp? It possibly is just pulling tight against her skin, which would cause pain. I would try loosening the braid.

Also, like anne6000 said, pulling it tight might would affect the normal hair growth.
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 9:29am

Yeah I see what you are getting at but now she say it only hurts while I'm putting the braid in and only hurts until I'm a 4th of the way done with the braid. I'll try and get a pic but don't know how.

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 12:25pm
The growth of the hair occurs inside a hair follicle underneath the scalp, so I'm not sure how the pulling on the hair from braids will scientifically affect the growth.  However, tight pulling on the hair can have the ability to pull out a hair before its normal growth cycle is completed.  If your daughter's braids are so tight that it hurts, the braids are probably stressing the hair more than normal wear and tear that we all endure to various degrees.  Could you possibly just make the braids a little looser?
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 11:37am
I went on aa website that said that braids can retard growth and kill hair cells. Is this true because when we put Miri's hair in braids it is so much heathier then wearing it down and she says the tight pulling on the scalp only lasts a day or less. We've decided to use braids in her hair until her hair reaches waist length but I am worried about Traction Apolciea. Comments anyone???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic